Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham

Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer

by John Grisham

976None8,796 (3.44)24

English (46)  Spanish (1)  All languages (47)
Theo Boone has the makings of a great lawyer, he knows cops, judges and lawyers. He one day hopes to be a trial lawyer, and finds himself in court much sooner than he thought. He is the only person who knows the truth that could unlock a huge murder trial. This is a great mystery novel for kids. It has much of what has made Grisham a popular adult author, only tailored to a younger audience. Theodore Boone is a great character to follow as he evolves and continues to grow. This is the first in the series.
  Tvickrey | Mar 15, 2014 |
I listened to this one read by Richard Thomas. The reader was wonderful, but the story was weak. John Grisham spent a lot of time explaining the judicial system which I thought was boring. I didn't find the conclusion very satisfying. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Good book! About a kid lawyer. Book Club book
  butterkidsmom | Jan 18, 2014 |
John Grisham brings his trademark courtroom drama down to a level for juvenile audiences and it works. I think younger readers will be intrigued by the plot and the dilemma Theodore Boone finds himself in. There were a few different directions Grisham could have taken in writing this story, including ratcheting up the tension with the unscrupulous character, Omar Cheep. Given the intended audience of the book, there is the appropriate amount of drama. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
A quick and fun read. Theo (to most) or Teddy (to his Mom) is 13 years old and very interested in being a criminal attorney. His Mom is a women's rights attorney and his father is a real-estate attorney but Theo aspires to be a criminal attorney and he's very, very good at it. When a big criminal case comes to town Theo arranges to have is government class attend the first day of testimony. Later he is given some information that may mean a difference in the case.

I used to read Grisham all the time but have fallen way behind. I don't know if I'll go back and pick up on his adult mysteries but I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue following Theodore Boone. ( )
  bookswoman | Oct 6, 2013 |
Grisham tells his story scrupulously, explaining fine points of criminal law and, as far as I can tell (not being a lawyer myself), sticking to legal reality. As a civics lesson it goes down smoothly, as storytelling only partly so. There’s a reason that movies and TV shows about attorneys are full of courtroom baloney — it’s entertaining!

for Shea
Theodore Boone was an only child and for that reason usually had breakfast alone.

A perfect murder
A faceless witness
A lone courtroom champion knows the whole truth . . . and he’s only thirteen years old
Meet Theodore Boone

In the small city of Strattenburg, there are many lawyers, and though he’s only thirteen years old, Theo Boone thinks he’s one of them. Theo knows every judge, policeman, court clerk—and a lot about the law. He dreams of being a great trial lawyer, of a life in the courtroom.

But Theo finds himself in court much sooner than expected. Because he knows so much—maybe too much—he is suddenly dragged into the middle of a sensational murder trial. A cold-blooded killer is about to go free, and only Theo knows the truth.

The stakes are high, but Theo won’t stop until justice is served.

Brimming with the intrigue and suspense that made John Grisham a #1 international bestseller and the undisputed master of the legal thriller, Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer will keep readers guessing and pages turning.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:16 -0400)

With two attorneys for parents, thirteen-year-old Theodore Boone knows more about the law than most lawyers do. But when a high profile murder trial comes to his small town and Theo gets pulled into it, it's up to this amateur attorney to save the day.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,030 books! | Top bar: Always visible