Spectre by Phaedra Weldon

Spectre (2008)

by Phaedra Weldon

This book was more structured than the first one. I loved the characters and the world building.

This is an excellent urban fantasy with a well crafted mystery. ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Hmm. Spectre feels less like a sequel to Wraith than a chapter two, if that makes any sense. Both books are full-sized novels, but they're so closely related that book two wouldn't make any sense without having read book 1 (and the novella in between). Unfortunately, Spectre ends on a cliff-hanger. I hate that. At least I know (from her blog) that Weldon is working on the third book. I can only hope that it comes out soon and wraps up all the loose threads without introducing new ones that aren't left hanging again.I do have to agree with another GR reviewer who mentioned that the main character carries on more like a 13-year-old kid than a 28-year-old woman. I have to agree. I understand that losing one parent early might, for some people, to a closer relationship with the surviving parent—but give me a break! Zoë apparently needs to move across the country to learn to live without Mommy. Or maybe Mommy should move? ( )
  BellaMiaow | May 29, 2012 |
Even though I read this book out of order, it recapped enough to let me follow along in the story. I wish she had focused more on the relationship between Zoe and Daniel instead of leaving him out of the picture for most of the book. Enjoyable read however. ( )
  jillyjameson | Feb 1, 2010 |
It took me a little bit more time to start enjoying this book than the the first one in the series ("Wraith.") At first I thought Weldon had turned like Laurel Hamilton and changed from writing entertainment to writing erotic crap. Lucky for me, Weldon didn't go that route.

I found Spectre to be a fast and fun read, that leaves you waiting for the third in the series. ( )
1 vote stinkypup | Dec 10, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044101593X, Paperback)

Next in the series that?s ?part paranormal whodunit, part urban fantasy? (Publishers Weekly) by the author of Wraith.

Zoë Martinique has the extraordinary ability to travel outside her body at will. When she is drawn into an investigation of a series of bizarre murders, in which the victims are missing body parts, Zoë hopes to help her boyfriend, Atlanta homicide detective Daniel Frasier, stop the killer? one she?s sure is from the darkest levels of the astral plane?without letting him find out about her special abilities.

Then danger strikes close to home when Zoë?s mother disappears, and Zoë must use all the powers at her command to save her?even though Zoë knows that, in doing so, she may make herself into something no longer entirely human.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:12 -0400)

"Zoe Martinique hasn't been your ordinary still-single-but-looking twenty-something girl ever since she learned she has the extraordinary ability to travel outside her body at will. As if that wasn't weird enough, she gained additional powers that not only freak her out but have done damage to her budding relationship with Atlanta homicide detective Daniel Frasier." "Zoe and Daniel are thrown back together when she's drawn into the investigation of a series of bizarre murders (the sort where body parts are missing). She hopes to help Daniel stop the killer - one she's sure is from the darkest levels of the astral plane - without letting him find out about her special powers." "Then danger strikes close to home when Zoe's mom disappears - and Zoe must use all the powers at her command to save her, even though she knows doing so might permanently ruin her love life and turn her into something no longer entirely human."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,668,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible