The Presidents of the United States of…

The Presidents of the United States of America (edition 1969)

by Frank Freidel

Member:StcProps
Title:The Presidents of the United States of America
Authors:Frank Freidel
Info:White House Historical Association (1969), Edition: Second Edition, Hardcover, 82 pages
Tags:US presidents, color paintings, portraits

The Presidents of the United States of America by Frank Freidel

My parents bought this for me when I was in second grade, visiting the White House with them. While I have pulled it off the shelf many times over the years (it is quite battered), it was usually as a reference or to browse through it. So I have finally read it. It's pretty funny the way the author is fine with bashing past president's mistakes, but the ones that are (were) still alive get much sweeter treatment. Anyway, pretty concise, and easier to lie on the couch with than a Wikipedia page. Good souvenir all in all, I would say. PS - Since it was published in 1990, George Bush has no end year on his term dates. But when Clinton won, I wrote it in in pen. ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
I picked up this well written book while on a tour of the White House in 1970. This book which was original conceived by President and Mrs. John F. Kennedy was been added too with a new edition during a new presidents term. President Kennedy was very hands on in this project and he had the best historian involved in its compilation. The research is well done and the book is enjoyable as well as informative. Each U.S. President is given a two page spread with one entire page showing the official painted portrait of the President and the facing page headed by a facsimile of the presidents autograph has a two column small font biography of the mans life from birth, life before the presidency, what he accomplished both in and out of office and life after he left the office of the president. A very good overview of the U.S. Presidents and a fantastic opportunity to view their officially painted portraits. ( )
  hermit | Dec 18, 2010 |
A Wonderful Presidential Overview: I ordered 2 different books on U.S. Presidents for my daughter's schoolwork, and this was definitely the best one. Very informative and concise, there is a two page spread on each president with one of the pages having a good sized color portrait of that president. Each article gives their name, order, years of presidency, a copy of their signature, and an overview of their life from childhood until death. This book is put out by the White House Historical Association and is a wonderful choice if you are looking for an informative glimpse of our current and past presidents. An entertaining read for children and adults.
  iayork | Aug 9, 2009 |
Excellent booklet of all Presidents from George Washington through Gerald Ford... ( )
  JaneAustenNut | May 25, 2009 |

Frank Freidelprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sidey, Hugh S.Editormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Single-page biographies with portraits of the forty-six presidents of the United States.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,208,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible