Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit by Piers…

Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit

by Piers Morgan

Trash. ( )
  lallycow | Feb 11, 2013 |
I haven't read 'The Mirror', and I don't watch 'Britain's got an X-factor Apprentice', so not quite sure why Piers seems to be universally reviled and why he should appear to enjoy this.

But from the diaries - undoubtedly judiciously amended and edited - he comes across as an energetic, enthusiast. Highly sociable, and enjoying being part of the in-crowd of celeb-land and politics. And I thoroughly enjoyed his fearlessness and bounce. Effortless to read and full of disloyal gossip. Brilliant. ( )
  LARA335 | Nov 1, 2012 |
I started out feeling disappointed at Morgan's third book, accounting the changes of his life post-editor, and his move into the sphere of celebrity. I started to see what a lot of people have told me they see in Piers Morgan: his arrogance and nauseating pride, not to mention a stomach-retching and all-round embarrassing devotion to Simon Cowell. Large parts of the book just have him name-dropping, gloating about the expensive restaurants he dines at, and journeys he takes on private jets, and you do wonder why you are putting yourself through this bile.

But once again, I have to applaud Morgan on being such a captivating writer. For all his faults, his books are good, light-hearted fun, and he makes an excellent and entertaining read. I'll definitely be reading his next novel. ( )
  kezumi | Feb 9, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0091913942, Paperback)

Piers has a new job. He's off to be the "Nasty Brit" judging America's Got Talent—surely a role he was made for. And with unprecedented access to people, places, and parties on both sides of the pond, he'll get the inside scoop on the celebrity world. What could possibly go wrong? Well, it's not all smooth sailing. As well as foolishly embarking on a visit to the Playboy Mansion with his girlfriend he also becomes one of the only people to fall off the "idiot-proof" Segway (George Bush fell off one too). Somehow though, Piers still manages to get invited to all the best parties. From chinwags with Naomi Campbell to a cigar-smoking session with Arnold Schwarzenegger; hilarious tête à têtes with everyone from Boris Johnson to Cheryl Cole; and many bizarre encounters with the likes of Paris Hilton, Tony Blair, and Jay-Z; Piers is his usual candid, honest, loudmouth self as he lifts the lid on Tinsel Town. With the background cries of "Please don't embarrass us Dad!" from his sons, the Big Mouth Brit embarks on his hilarious American adventure, and suffers just a few mishaps along the way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:24 -0400)

Having achieved celebrity as the nasty Brit on a top-rated TV series in the US, Piers Morgan finds himself with unprecedented access to people, places and parties on both sides of the pond - from chinwags with Gordon Brown to a cigar smoking session with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Originally published: as God bless America. 2009.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,469,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible