SantaThing sign up ends in 6:51 hours (5:00 PM EST) » Find out more about our bookish Secret Santa!

Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland [adapted…

Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland [adapted by Jane Carruth]

by Jane Carruth, Jane Carruth, Gordon King (Illustrator)

To read this gem as an adult is truly a special treat. It only gets stronger the older you read it. It is one of my favourite stories I've ever read.
Revisiting this has been more than enjoyable. ( )
  Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
Revisiting this has been more than enjoyable. ( )
  Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
I have been meaning to read this book for a while as it was free on my kindle and I knew I should have read it as it is a classic. Unfortunately I wish I hadn't bothered.

Plot: 2/5

This was a novel which felt like there was no structure or plan to how the plot would go and that Carroll was just making it up as he went with no idea what was coming next. I didn't like this as it made the novel feel jolty and it didn't have any flow to it. Also the ending really annoyed me, I won't say any more but I felt like it just spoilt the world he had created.

Characters: 2/5

My least favourite character in this novel was Alice, the main character, who came across as a bossy know it all, who was very rude to the other characters in the story. She seems like a very mean girl who talks horribly about just about everybody she knows. I liked the Hatter's character but we didn't find out very much about him so I just based my ideas on the Hatter from Tim Burton's movie.

Overall: 2/5

Overall I didn't like this novel. It is only 96 pages long so it won't take you too long if you want to read it but I don't think it's a classic book you need to read.
  ACascadeofBooks | Oct 5, 2016 |
It gave me the creeps! ( )
  Garrison0550 | May 10, 2016 |
I did this as a play! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |

Carruth, Janeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carruth, Janemain authorall editionsconfirmed
King, GordonIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Adaptation by Jane Carruth. Please don't combine with the original full work.

This hardcover edition of the classic tale of ALICE IN WONDERLAND has been read and loved by children for generations. Start a new tradition of reading this timeless tale in your home today!
•Fully illustrated in color, bringing each tale to life
•Filled with humor, adventure and imagination for children of all ages
•Great first-time reading for children as well as reading again for parents and grandparents
•Beautiful story and unforgettable characters

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:12 -0400)

A little girl falls down a rabbit hole and discovers a world of nonsensical and amusing characters.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,644,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible