The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen…

The Last Little Blue Envelope

by Maureen Johnson

Recently added byprivate library, BreannaHarris, mckmanes, kitkat.x, sah0, slynneblarp, Anatei, MrsHunter, ecmross

This is a continuation of “13 Little Blue Envelopes”. Potential spoilers for the first book: Ginny didn’t get to finish her aunt’s “treasure hunt” when her backpack with the envelopes was stolen in Greece. She had one envelope left.. Back at home in the US, Ginny hears from someone who has that last envelope, and he’s in London. Ginny decides to travel back to London to get her hands on that last envelope and keep going. While in London, she looks up the boy she’d been dating, Keith. Ginny, Keith, and two others set off to follow the instructions on the last envelope that brings them to a few different European countries.

I really enjoyed this one. It appears I read the first book 6 years ago!! I found it interesting that I commented in that review that I wasn’t a fan of Keith; still not in this book, either. However, I did like the new guy, Oliver, who was the one who found Ginny’s envelopes. Also enjoyed “travelling” around Europe with Ginny and her friends; I particularly enjoyed the B&B in… I think it was Belgium (cats!). ( )
  LibraryCin | Feb 23, 2019 |
I'm trying to decide if this book was better or worse than the first one. give me a few days to decide. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
This was a nice sequel. The characters were sort of replaced by different versions of themselves in Ginny's new travels, but I suppose that was easiest. The format for the last book made it easy to set this one up as well. Ginny returns to England to go on another trip and help her aunt create her final piece of work. There's relationship drama, travel, and art all rolled in. A nice quick read, if a bit predictable. ( )
  Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |
The Last Little Blue Envelope in some ways was even better than the first book.

I loved the fact that there was a consistency of characters unlike in the first book, where Ginny travelled too much to have a consistent friend by her side.

I had so much fun reading this book and I'm so sad that it ended so soon. I wish it hadn't.

The only thing I did not like about this book was the ending. I wish there had been a better closure. It didn't feel like an ending, to be honest. It was as if the author just left it unfinished.

Though the journey up until then was absolutely enjoyable, entertaining and so much fun! ( )
  Swibells | Jul 18, 2018 |
I honestly was a little bummed when I realized that "13 Little Blue Envelopes" wasn't a stand-alone novel. I'm so tired of series. However, Johnson does such a fantastic job of character development that even her token sort of quirky characters are more than tokens.
"The Last Little Blue Envelope" picks up a few months after the first one ended. After traveling through Europe, following direction in the 13 little blue envelopes her aunt left her after her death, Ginny is back at home enjoying high school and trying to make decisions about college. She receives an email from someone who purchased her stolen backpack and found all her little blue envelopes. He wants to given them back, only there's a catch--he wants to not only help complete her aunt's mission, but he wants a cut of the potential pay off.
Ginny travels back to London to meet this mystery person and also to spend time with Keith, her "sort of something" from the previous adventure. Of course the mystery person is not only close to Ginny's age, but he's cute--and brooding! Ah, YA novels are so predictable sometimes! Even though you can see some things coming (visiting Keith is unsurprisingly not as cool as Ginny thought it would be), Johnson's storytelling is enjoyable, fun, and engaging. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.
—G.K. Chesterton
To all the jars. You know who you are.
Prologue
It was that time of day again.

Seventeen-year-old Ginny Blackstone precipitously travels from her home in New Jersey to London when she receives a message from an unknown man telling her he has the letters that were stolen just before she completed a series of mysterious tasks assigned by her now dead aunt, an artist.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,366,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible