The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen…

The Last Little Blue Envelope (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Maureen Johnson

Member:akreese
Title:The Last Little Blue Envelope
Authors:Maureen Johnson
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson (2011)

I didn't feel the same sense of adventure in this novel as I did the first, mostly because this book is focusing more (I felt) on the relationships of the various characters, as well as the characters themselves, then the actual adventure of it. I don't think this is a bad thing at all, the characters are wonderful and I enjoyed getting to know a couple of new ones in this book.

I so want Ms. Johnson to write another book, can be a spin-off, but I just love being in Ginny's life, I love seeing things from her perspective, and I don't ever want to stop. How cool would it be to travel to college with her (I want her to go to Oxford, duh) and see if she could explore something more with the boy at the end of this book (don't want to give away anything).

I will say that I predicted the ending in this book about a quarter of the way through but it was still expertly delivered, so I didn't mind at all. I hated Oliver through most of the book, but I started to hate Keith too, he turned out to be a bit more of an ass than I originally thought. I think Ginny can do way better and I hope she does (wink, wink). I adored Ellis, I mean, I was probably not supposed to because I heart Ginny so much but she was so fun, adventurous, and open. I adored that most about her.

I loved this book, can't wait to read everything Maureen Johnson has ever written. I am going to, trust me. I loved these two books and I will re-read them over and over. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Those who read 13 Little Blue Envelopes will recall Ginny Blackstone's whirlwind summer in Europe, following the instructions set forth by her late Aunt Peg in the first 12 envelopes. Before Ginny had a chance to open the 13th and last envelope, however, her backpack containing that envelope was stolen in Greece. Now back home in New Jersey, thinking about her college application essay and contemplating her future, she gets an email from a strange British guy who reveals he has her stolen backpack! Ginny decides to fly back to London for winter break to retrieve the 13th envelope and to hopefully rekindle her friendship with Keith. She also finds out the guy with the last envelope, named Oliver, offers to help Ginny follow Aunt Peg's instructions in that last envelope--but with a catch! Once again a fun romp thru Europe (including Amsterdam and Dublin) as Ginny not only pursues the items mentioned in the envelope, but her sense of self as well. ( )
  WickedWoWestwood | Apr 20, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. Great travel aspect and wonderful characters. I enjoyed it so much.

Full review can be found on my blog at www.thebooktower.webs.com ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
It is almost Christmas and Ginny gets the best present she could imagine: someone found her aunt's letters and wants to give it back to her! So, she heads to London to find Oliver, who doesn't just want to give her back the letters, but also wants a piece of the profit from the last artwork her aunt left. Is it worth it to travel around Europe with a blackmailer in order to get the letter back?

I liked the first one better...more adventurey, less angsty, but I am a sucker for any book where the main character travels abroad. As I finished the book I realized that this is a YA wannabe PS I Love You, which I also really enjoyed. ( )
  agrudzien | Aug 4, 2013 |
Not sure how I feel about this book. It was good but not as good as the original. ( )
  nicdar111 | Jun 19, 2013 |
London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation. -G.K. Chesterton
To all the jars. You know who you are.
It was that time of day again.

Seventeen-year-old Ginny Blackstone precipitously travels from her home in New Jersey to London when she receives a message from an unknown man telling her he has the letters that were stolen just before she completed a series of mysterious tasks assigned by her now dead aunt, an artist.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,014,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible