Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

Interrupting Chicken (2010)

by David Ezra Stein

This is a fun story about a little chicken that wants to take part in the story telling. With each new story the little chicken wants to change the end while Papa becomes more and more tired. With very lively illustrations this story will keep you laughing while still enjoying the very sweet tone.
  ThisIsNotSophie | Jun 3, 2015 |
Time has come and little red chicken is about to be read a bedtime story by Papa. He says remember not to interrupt the story, however she cannot help but say something. Whether it is Hansel and Gretel, or Little Red Riding Hood, she just has to stop the characters from doing what they are about to do because of it being dangerous. She wants another story so her father tells her to tell him a bedtime story. In the end her father has his own version of interrupting as he falls asleep before her story is even finished. The genre of this book is fantasy.
  kbuffum13 | Apr 7, 2015 |
I love this book. I gave it 5 stars because it is so fun to read. I read this book during my mentor sentences lesson. Students had to guess why I chose this book. They were laughing the entire time! ( )
  ramfam5 | Mar 15, 2015 |
Interrupting Chicken was a book I read with my daughter because I think all children have this sudden urgency with almost everything they have to say. The relationship with the roster and his chicken made me really like this book because it could of easily been almost animal but there is this rural touch to the book about chicken being animals always present and on the move. This goes double for their thoughts.
  josephumana | Mar 15, 2015 |
Great illustrations that guide the reader. This is a very cute book showing a relationship between a daughter and her father. This is a great bedtime story because it’s a playful and silly story with a hint of calmness which is perfect right before bed. This book can be used in a mini-lesson to relate interruptions during read aloud.
  JoseJay | Mar 15, 2015 |

Father and son are chickens in this book and it is bedtime for son, though, when it comes time for bedtimem stories the son is overwhelmed with excitement and inserts himself into each plot line of the few classics dad chicken tries to get through before he is able to get to the end of the story; be it Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel or Chicke Little. The illustrations in this book are likely what will be what stand-out to the story.

Little Red Chicken wants Papa to read her a bedtime story, but interrupts him almost as soon as he begins each tale.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,905,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible