Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

Interrupting Chicken (2010)

by David Ezra Stein

This is a fun story about a little chicken that wants to take part in the story telling. With each new story the little chicken wants to change the end while Papa because more and more tired. With very lively illustrations this story will keep you laughing while enjoying the very sweat tone.
  jh33 | Dec 13, 2014 |
I loved this book! The different styles of art between when little red chicken interrupts her Papa's reading. It really creates a definite line so you can see where the story changes from the actual book to chicken's version. Little chicken is very endearing and makes me miss reading with my little brothers.
  InstantLaila | Dec 6, 2014 |
Interrupting Chicken is a book about a baby chicken going to sleep. Papa bear always reads her a bedtime story before she goes to sleep, but baby chicken always interrupts the story with a humorous quick ending. She promises she won't interrupt this time. When papa bear starts reading Hansel and Gretel, baby chicken interrupts, she promises she won't do it again. He reads Little Red Ridinghood and she does it again, promises she won't, etc. Finally papa bear gets mad and tells her to read him a bedtime story, baby chicken reads him a bedtime story and right as she begins, he's fast asleep. Super funny book. Kids love it.
  kzilinskas | Dec 3, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I love the illustration of the characters. How Papa demeanor towards chicken little when he reads the story and ask Your not going to interrupt are you? Excellent theme especially for little ones who like to interrupt others when some one else is talking. I think this book is great for preschool age and kindergarten students. ( )
  rwoody | Oct 20, 2014 |
I absolutely love this story the entire way through. The relationship displayed between the father and child was cute and realistic. The illustrations were very colorful and expressive which helped provide humor and personality to the story. The relationship between the father and child is presents a healthy relationship. The way the tables turned with the father falling asleep instead of the child was a very cute part of the story. The dialogue also showed the kind of relationship they shared. The illustrations were very colorful and expressive through its style and precise body language. For example, when the child chicken interrupts the story, the illustration shows the chicken jumping into the fairy tale itself. This definitely brings the humor of the story to life. The central message of the book conveys that we should enjoy our time with loved ones such as our parents. ( )
  GinaBayne | Sep 22, 2014 |

Father and son are chickens in this book and it is bedtime for son, though, when it comes time for bedtimem stories the son is overwhelmed with excitement and inserts himself into each plot line of the few classics dad chicken tries to get through before he is able to get to the end of the story; be it Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel or Chicke Little. The illustrations in this book are likely what will be what stand-out to the story.

Little Red Chicken wants Papa to read her a bedtime story, but interrupts him almost as soon as he begins each tale.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,499,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible