Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

Interrupting Chicken (original 2010; edition 2010)

by David Ezra Stein, David Ezra Stein (Illustrator)

Member:Wakana
Title:Interrupting Chicken
Authors:David Ezra Stein
Other authors:David Ezra Stein (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:Picture Book

Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein (2010)

Story of a little chicken who keeps interrupting his dad while he is telling him stories. ( )
  SatinaJensen | Aug 10, 2016 |
Entertaining tale addressing the bad habit of interrupting. Love how Little Chicken enters classic tales and changes them. Though I feel Papa's frustration. Illustrations do a great job of enhancing the story. Fun read.
  JLT70 | Jul 28, 2016 |
A great book that uses classic children's stories to tell the tale of a little red chicken who needs a bedtime story to fall asleep. This chicken however gets so involved in the stories, that she cannot fall asleep, until her Papa asks her to tel him a story!
  paulaboy | Jul 24, 2016 |
Love how this book addresses how prevalent blurting out is in school! My students loved it today andit really helped drive home why we need to raise our hands and let others finish speaking before we begin! ( )
  weisser4 | May 3, 2016 |
I loved this book for quite a few reasons. First, I loved the illustrators use of color and different medias. For instance, when chicken is listening to the traditional literature story the illustrator depicts the story in sepia while the little chicken is in bold bright colors. This tells the reader what is really happening or if it’s the story papa chicken is telling. I also liked the book because of its engaging writing. It engages the reading by using a lot of well-timed dialogue. An example of this is “They were just about to follow her when- out jumped a little red chicken and she said “DON’T GO IN! SHE'S A WITCH!” so Hansel and Gretel didn’t. THE END!” The reader enjoys engaging dialogue along with illustrations that enhance the humorous and cute mood of the story. The big message of the story is that it is rude to interrupt. ( )
  Rvealey | Apr 27, 2016 |

Father and son are chickens in this book and it is bedtime for son, though, when it comes time for bedtimem stories the son is overwhelmed with excitement and inserts himself into each plot line of the few classics dad chicken tries to get through before he is able to get to the end of the story; be it Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel or Chicke Little. The illustrations in this book are likely what will be what stand-out to the story.

Little Red Chicken wants Papa to read her a bedtime story, but interrupts him almost as soon as he begins each tale.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,250,450 books! | Top bar: Always visible