Emails from an A**hole: Real People Being…

Emails from an A**hole: Real People Being Stupid

by John Lindsay

Only those with infantile senses of humour will enjoy this book. Fortunately, my sense of humour is indeed infantile at best, so I thoroughly enjoyed "Emails from an Asshole", laughing merrily as Lindsay winds up his hapless victims.

The premise is simple and has been done many times: writer trolls idiot on website. However, Lindsay does it better than almost anyone (although one has to wonder how true are all the stories) and I found myself guffawing loudly throughout the book, especially (SPOILER ALERT) at the plight of the teenage girl asked to kill horses, chop them up with a chainsaw and dump them in a neighbour's lake.

Sure, some people will dislike this book but are they people you would want to hang around with? Well, considering that my partner thinks the book is childish and unfunny, and I still want to hang around her, yes, but that's only because she's attractive. Any ugly people who dislike this book will be getting very short shrift from me. ( )
1 vote MiaCulpa | Nov 25, 2014 |
The next time you want to post an ad in the online classifieds, think again.

Posing as a customer or seller, Lindsay responded to a variety of classified ads, making ridiculous offers to unsuspecting victims. Their responses, and the ensuing conversations, will have readers simultaneously laughing non-stop and gasping with disbelief.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,889,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible