The Mills of God (Nick Lawrence Mysteries)…

The Mills of God (Nick Lawrence Mysteries)

by Deryn Lake

I'm afraid I couldn't get into this at all, finding it too twee and unbelievable. ( )
  edwardsgt | Jul 26, 2014 |
It's difficult for me to say whether I liked this book or not. This is a new series for Lake and the characters still need to be fleshed out, but I found it very hard to like most of them. I really wanted to see more of Nick, and I enjoyed the relationship between Tennent and Potter. The story was too drawn out, had too many red-herrings and the solution to the murders was anti-climactic and did not really fit into the story...it came out of nowhere (and not in a good way like when you say "I never saw that coming!"). ( )
  Riyale | Nov 14, 2011 |
A Nick Lawrence mystery. Nick is the new trendy young vicar newly arrived in the sleepy Sussex village of Lakehurst. Along the vein of Midsommer Murders, a serial killer denoted 'the Acting Light of the World' wreaks havoc in the local community of eccentrics. Nick and Inspector Dominic Tennant of the Sussex Police Force seek to solve the case. ( )
  NelehW | Nov 30, 2010 |

From the author of the ‘John Rawlings’ mysteries - The sleepy, eccentric Sussex village of Lakehurst suddenly becomes a place of terror and night shadows. After dark, it is hardly safe to go out, to the consternation of the newly arrived Vicar, trendy young Nick Lawrence, and Inspector Dominic Tennant of the Sussex Police Force. For a serial killer is on the loose: one who leaves notes at the scene of his crimes signed ‘The Acting Light of the World’ . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:37 -0400)

The sleepy, eccentric Sussex village of Lakehurst suddenly becomes a place of terror and night shadows. After dark, it is not safe to go out, to the consternation of the newly arrived Vicar, trendy young Nick Lawrence, and Inspector Dominic Tennant of the Sussex Police Force. A serial killer is on the loose: one who leaves notes at the scene of his crimes signed "The Acting Light of the World."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,435,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible