Magic Tree House #44: A Ghost Tale for…

Magic Tree House #44: A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time

by Mary Pope Osborne

Other authors: Sal Murdocca (Illustrator)

Series: Magic Tree House (44)

The main idea of this book is to get children interested in history.
I enjoyed reading this book because it is in a narrative format. I believe trying to have children learn about history is difficult when random facts and events are being thrown at them but when they are arranged in an exciting narrative, it becomes quite a bit easier and the reader becomes more interested in the information. The set up is very affective when trying to interest young readers.
I also enjoyed that the books are a series and that you have to read them in order to fully understand the plot of each book. I think having these books as a series is a good idea because it also allows the author to connect, compare, and contrast the different time periods, culture, clothing, and different types of societies. I believe that that is so important when it comes to history because no everything is one single event, they connect. This book does an awesome job of connecting different societies and time periods. ( )
  graceberry | Nov 22, 2015 |
  BRCSBooks | Aug 1, 2014 |
I like this book because it has slimy green frogs. My sisters like reading your books and are on Book 30. I like reading them now too.I enjoy to read your books.Do you like to write books? ( )
  JJBurroughs | Jan 22, 2014 |
Another strange, manic character. I'm not entirely certain how I felt about Dickens' portrayal in this. ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 23, 2012 |
I love this book injoy this book and injoy:---Magic Tree House #44: A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time--- ( )
  tisko | Jan 2, 2011 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murdocca, SalIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Jack and Annie are ready for their next fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

Jack and Annie’s mission from Merlin the Magician? To help the famous writer Charles Dickens! In a magical whirl, the brother and sister are whisked back in time to Victorian England and the foggy streets of London.

There, Jack and Annie discover that Charles Dickens has everything he could possibly want. How can they help him? It is not until Mr. Dickens rescues them from being thrown in jail that they discover his secret past and the sad memories that haunt him. They will need all their magic—and help from three ghosts—to keep the great writer from ruining his life!

Mary Pope Osborne mixes magic, humor, history, a little spookiness, and a lot of heart to create this tale, which celebrates the joys of writing—something she knows a lot about, thanks to millions of readers all over the world!

This is the perfect book for boys and girls about to see the classic play A Christmas Carol.

Visit the Magic Tree House Web site!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:22 -0400)

Jack and Annie travel back to Victorian London when Merlin asks them to use their magic to inspire Charles Dickens to write "A Christmas Carol."

43 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,955,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible