The lost hero by Rick Riordan

The lost hero (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Rick Riordan

Member:bell7
Title:The lost hero
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:New York : Disney/Hyperion Books, 2010.
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:teen, fantasy, Greek mythology, mythology

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (2010)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling (cyderry)
    The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Riordan works his mythology magic again, but this time with the Egyptian gods and myths.
    Eragon by Christopher Paolini (hermionewannabe)
    hermionewannabe: If you enjoy fantasy works than you will love the Eragon series.

English (249)  All (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All (252)
Dopo la pesantezza e la noia del libro di Ben Harper avevo bisogno di qualcosa di leggero, che non mi impegnasse troppo la mente.
"L'eroe perduto" continua la scia dei libri di Percy Jackson, rivisitando la mitologia greca in chiave moderna, riprendendo una versione un pò scanzonata degli dei e aggiungendo un pò di azione da parte dei semidei. Il risultato è un libro godibile, leggero (è pure sempre per ragazzi) e non impegnativo. ( )
  maxliscia | Aug 7, 2017 |
I absolutely loved this book!! Jason is an exciting and fascinating new character, and his shrouded past adds an interesting new twist. As much as I love Annabeth, I can relate better to Piper! Leo is my favorite new character to the series as he reminds me so much of my youngest son; constantly cracking jokes, a mind that never quits, and hands that are always busy building or twiddling with something! His need to prove himself breaks my heart as a mom, and had me cheering for him all the way through!

My boys and I are eager to start The Son of Neptune!! ( )
  HeidiAngell | Jul 29, 2017 |
Did not finish. I just have trouble getting into these books. I do see why people love them though. ( )
  michelleannlib | Jul 25, 2017 |
As with the previous Riordan books, what really shines in this start to a new series is his voice. Now, he deftly handles moving between the point of view of three characters, and with each you find yourself really stepping into their shoes! Leo, especially, had me rolling on the floor with laughter every time it was his turn to tell the story, and my heart squeezed whenever he talked about his family. Piper's quiet struggles with herself and not feeling good enough kept me engaged, and I hope to see more of her later on! I was not, frankly, a huge fan of Jason - he was very...bland, like a huge blank spot where the reader could insert themselves. He didn't seem to have any great faults or strengths, and since he couldn't remember his past, didn't have any interesting experiences that could add (or detract) from his character. He was always nice. Just...nice. Honestly, I don't know what Piper sees in him, but hey. Maybe he'll get interesting as the series goes on.

I am also still a little iffy about the introduction of the Roman Camp. I'm not entirely sure that it was a good idea for Riordan to suddenly introduce this whole other aspect to a world he had so carefully constructed previously. It seems a little sloppy and rather unnecessary, and kind of a reiteration of the same things. I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series, as we will see the return of Percy Jackson! I hope it gets better from there. ( )
  srsharms | Jul 20, 2017 |
This next round of the Percy Jackson series takes an interesting twist - what are the Greek gods like when they become Roman? Percy is lost but there is this new kid, Jason, and a new quest. There are few appearances by beloved characters, but this is mostly an all new cast to learn to love. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jul 5, 2017 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Venditti, Robertsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Haley and Patrick, always the first to hear stories. Without them, Camp Half-Blood would not exist.
Even before he got electrocuted, Jason was having a rotten day.
Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142311339X, Hardcover)

After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:17 -0400)

Jason, Piper, and Leo, three students from a school for "bad kids," find themselves at Camp Half-Blood, where they learn that they are demigods and begin a quest to free Hera, who has been imprisoned by Mother Earth herself.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141334010, 0141325496

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,583,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible