Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

Please Ignore Vera Dietz (original 2010; edition 2010)

by A.S. King

Member:jacindahinten
Title:Please Ignore Vera Dietz
Authors:A.S. King
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2010), Hardcover, 336 pages

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A. S. King (2010)

Looking for Alaska by John Green (kaledrina)
    Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr (weener)
    weener: Both the protagonists work in a pizza restaurant, but the similarities don't end there.
    The Freak Observer by Blythe Woolston (weener)
    Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (MickyFine)
    Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes (kaledrina)

This book.
This book, now how do I feel about this book.
On the one hand, I enjoyed this book, but on the other it really didn't stand out to me much at all.
I liked the way Vera was written, and that's about it. Maybe Vera's dad. All of the other characters just didn't click with me in the way they do in other books.

I thought the way the view point changes is very clever, with the Views from the Pagoda sections bringing a nice change.

If you have nothing else to read, read this, if you do, read that instead. ( )
  Yona.Schuh | Dec 7, 2016 |
This book.
This book, now how do I feel about this book.

If you have nothing else to read, read this, if you do, read that instead. ( )
  Yona.Schuh | Dec 7, 2016 |
A slightly above average YA novel about friendship, first love, and betrayal. Vera and Charlie have been friends forever, but when Charlie takes up with a new group, Vera is left to sort out her feelings, the truth, and what it means to forgive. This was a smarter book than a lot of the examples of the genre, but there were still some big holes in the plot that I don't think King closed adequately, and when a novel depends on the supposed charisma of one of the main characters, it's incumbent upon the author to make that charisma come through clearly to the reader. For me, I didn't get why a smart and cool girl like Vera would be so invested in Charlie. But maybe that's just me. I never did have time for teenage angst - even when I was a teenager. ( )
  katiekrug | Feb 20, 2016 |
I thought the premise was great,but it just felt like the threw in too many teen issues to deal with half-heartedly. Plus, Vera and Charlie weren't super likable to me so I wasn't really invested. Easy, breezy book so I'm considering it an okay read. ( )
  jamieschecter | Jan 31, 2016 |
I really liked this one. Good characters, good writing...yeah! ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |

When her best friend, whom she secretly loves, betrays her and then dies under mysterious circumstances, high school senior Vera Dietz struggles with secrets that could help clear his name.

A. S. King is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

116 wanted1 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,741,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible