A Groom of One's Own by Maya Rodale

A Groom of One's Own (edition 2010)

by Maya Rodale

Collections:Electronic
Rating:***
Tags:romance, historical, historical romance, american, 2012

A Groom of One's Own by Maya Rodale

Really liked this book! Haven't read anything by this author before, but I'm wanting to look more into her books now. The heroine verged on obnoxiously head-in-the-sky at times, but it came off as sweet and endearing. The hero was similarly dense, but still adorable. Wasn't sure how exactly it was all going to resolve until the end, which was also a huge plus. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
3 stars... I liked it ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
3 stars... I liked it ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Great read! I thank Julia Quinn for posting a link to this book. ( )
  cocktailsandbooks | Apr 7, 2014 |
I liked the plot well enough, but the unbelievability of the main characters -- particularly the leading man -- kept me from thorough enjoyment. Okay for a quick read, but not a book I'll be recommending. ( )
  NeitherNora | Sep 7, 2013 |

"London, 1823. A handsome duke. His beautiful soon-to-be duchess. A whirlwind courtship. It is this author's privilege to report on the event all of London is talking about: the upcoming wedding of the Duke of Hamilton and Brandon to the only daughter of the Duke of Richmond. Every detail of the "Wedding of the Year" will be reported in these pages as a London Weekly exclusive. But I, Miss Sophie Harlow, must confess to a secret infatuation with this "double duke" that can only lead to trouble. It is impossible that this notoriously upstanding gentleman would ever jilt his bride for a scandalous female newspaper writer. And yet . . . the arrival of a foreign prince, the discovery of a shocking secret, and one passionate kiss could change everything. Will this perfect duke risk the scandal of the year to marry the woman his heart desires?" -- Publisher description.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,130,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible