Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by…

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings (edition 2010)

by Helene Boudreau

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:YA, ebook, fantasy, mermaids, read december 2012

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by Hélène Boudreau

This was a very quick and enjoyable read. ( )
  marysneedle | Sep 24, 2016 |
I enjoyed this, wouldn't mind reading a sequel. ( )
  GanneC | Jan 31, 2016 |
Well, title intrigued me at library. Not giving a star rating because definitely a YA book and too teenager-y for this old lady.
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
I had a great time with this. Jade is one fantastic girl and the humor portrayed in this book had me shaking with laughter at the time. If I were still 14 and knew Jade, she probably would have been one of my best friends growing up. She is just that kind of girl!

The book starts off with what would top any girl's list as one of the worst days Ever. i both laughed, was mortified and sympathetic toward Jade. Often all at once. From period disaster, to crush humiliation, all a girl needs is to sprout a fin to top off the day, right? Yep!

It is just Jade and her father and she is about to learn that, while her mother has passed away, she also passed along a genetic trait to Jade. She is a mermaid! And Jade is far from happy about it! One thing I do wish though, is to get a better feel for her crush and her father. the focus was very tunneled for the story.

This is just book one in the series and I am eager to see where it goes. Quirky, cute and full of fun, with just enough drama to set things in balance, I really enjoyed it. This book is aimed more a the younger side of the YA genre to middle grade. But even as an adult, I got a few kicks out of it. Medium paced story, with a few surprise twists and if you don't laugh at least once, get your sense of humor checked! :) ( )
  jljaina | Oct 7, 2015 |
A good, fast-paced middle-grade novel about (whee!) mermaids. I am a huge mermaid fan and this book had an interesting take on them to be sure. A lot of mermaids, a little puberty stuff, and boys. A.K.A. the trifecta of a good older kids' chapter book. The pacing was a little quick which made things hard to follow, but it wasn't all bad. A solid "liked" from me, though ten-year-old me would've loved the heck out of it. ( )
  readstolive | Sep 25, 2014 |

Hélène Boudreauprimary authorall editionscalculated
Taylor, JenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When Jade's hormonal change into womanhood also includes developing scales and a tail, she discovers she's inherited her mermaid tendencies from her late mother, and it prompts her to investigate how her mother died.

Hélène Boudreau is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,258,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible