Night Whispers by Erin Hunter

My daughter book this book and she is completely addicted to this author, so I decided to give it a shot with this particular volume. The plot is entertaining, but I felt that I missed a lot by not having read the previous books and knowing more about the clans and the characters. Now I feel like I have to go back and read the series from the start. My daughter has all the previous printed books, this one being the first she bought on electronic version. The characters are very well developed and the ambient is described in a way that you feel yourself in the story. Very easy reading, the plot flows in an adequate path. If I could complain (not really a complain, but...), I would suggest easier names for the cats. After a while you get used to read all the long names, but at first it was hard. It is like referring to a person by first name, middle name and last name every single time you mention that person in the story. Anyway, overall it was worth the experience and I shall read the series from the beginning, as I mentioned before.

I recommend this book to the permanent library of any reader that loves a well written book. We bought this book from Amazon.com. Opinion expressed here is my own. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |
At the end of the last book, there was a great battle, and many were injured. This battle over territories was at the start of winter. The victor turned out to be Dovepaw's group of cats. Lionblaze and Jayfeather, two of the Three*, struggled to find out why the battle started. Dovepaw finds out that her sister is visiting the Dark Forest**, which is where the evil cat who told her to start the battle came from, and confronts Ivypaw, but she won't listen. Something is strange in Starclan, and they are telling the cats to forget all of their allegiances. A few moons later, Ivypaw is captured by some enemy cats! The abductors say that they will give her back for catmint, a valuable herb. Then, after another few moons pass, Lionblaze and Jayfeather find out about Ivypaw's and Dovepaw's little secret, and Ivypaw is forced to confess. She realizes that she was wrong about them, but Lionblaze and Jayfeather make her keep going anyway, so that she can spy on them.
I think that this was a great book. I personally like that feeling of suspense, even though I already know what is going to happen. Every time that there is a chance of change, it is taken. Nothing remains the same for long, in the world of the warriors. I just love how she writes the book from many different perspectives. You know exactly what will happen from piecing it all together. Or at least you think you do...

*A group of cats selected by Starclan, the warrior ancestors, to have more power than Starclan.
**Where evil cats who didn't abide by the code went when they died. ( )
  AlorahG.B4 | Oct 24, 2015 |
The Dark Forest is rising.......... and Shadow Clan is losing warriors. First Russetfur,(in battle), then Flametail(drowned in the ice). The Clans no longer have allies, and must save themselves from the Dark Forest. Who will the Dark Forest take in next? ( )
  kenzie12368 | Jun 6, 2012 |
This is very suspenseful and gears you up for the climax you have been waiting for all series. ( )
  max-x | Mar 1, 2012 |
This is the last Warrior Cats book I had time to read last summer. i look forward to at least two new ones for next summer. This series is consistently good to read and it continues to entertain, even after at least twenty episodes. ( )
  Lybearian | Nov 19, 2011 |
Special thanks to Kate Cary
Torn clouds streaked the stars.

AR 4.0, 9 pts.

As Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Dovepaw continue to seek answers to the mysterious prophecy that binds them, they learn that another cat may play an essential role in defeating the Dark Forces.

108 wanted2 pay2 pay

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,256,706 books! | Top bar: Always visible