Shadowmarch, book 4: Shadowheart by Tad…

Shadowmarch, book 4: Shadowheart (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Tad Williams

Member:wikkyd
Title:Shadowmarch, book 4: Shadowheart
Authors:Tad Williams
Info:DAW Books
Tags:pb-fantasy

Shadowheart by Tad Williams (2010)

English (16)  German (1)  All (17)
Disappointing, to be honest. But this whole series has been slow with no real payoff, imo. Even the ending was wham, bam, thankyou ma'am". I just never found a character who I really liked in this series and I kept waiting for someone to cheer for." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This series was an amazing adventure. The last book, gives so much closure while asking many more questions. I'd love a continuation of this series. ( )
  jimpike69 | Nov 16, 2016 |
  jimpike69 | Nov 16, 2016 |
So as last books-in-a-series go, this wasn’t bad at all. Overall I think the series suffered from being too long, but then I can’t say I ever really got bored. Case-in-point would be the ending. I did this book on audio and the climax of the story happened around disc 23. The book came with 27 discs. So that meant about 3 hours of story (15% of the entire book) was dedicated to the wrap up, during which any questions you might have about pretty much any character who appeared in any of the 4 books, is answered.

Anyway, I did actually tear up at least once so that’s saying something right? After living with these characters for the last 6 months or so, and having their voices brought to life by a wonderful narrator I guess I can admit that without it damaging my masculine image too much. It’s been a long time since I’ve read an entire series of fantasy novels, these won’t go down as my favorite series but they were definitely enjoyable and Mr. Williams definitely has a talent for making things seem real. I never once felt taken “out of the story” by something that didn’t make sense to me. ( )
  ragwaine | Jun 30, 2016 |
Abysmally poor editing makes this book a tedious, disjointed and very unrewarding read. Had at least one third of its content been purged it might have been more enjoyable but it digressed so often into pointless episodes with minor characters that the only logical conclusion is that the author had a contract to fill 700 pages and did so at the expense of the storyline. By far the worst book of a very poor series, it really has changed my opinion of Tad Williams. There are far better fantasy writers out there. ( )
  PaddySheridan | Mar 8, 2015 |

Tad Williamsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Our children Connor and Devon still think that getting a grown-up book dedicated to them instead of one of our more kid-oriented books is kind of a rip-off. I told them that one day they will be grown-ups just like us, but they refuse to believe anything so horrid and unfair could happen to such nice children.

(It'll be fun watching them learn better. Actually, it'll be fun watching them no matter what.) Remember, you wonderful beasts, we love you hugely--but don't make me come back there.

Something is awakening underneath Southmarch Castle, something powerful and terrible that the world has not seen for thousands of years. Can its young defenders Barrick and Briony, along with a tiny handful of allies, ordinary and extraordinary, find a way to save their world and prevent the rise of a terrible new age--an age of unending darkness?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,557,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible