I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four

by Pittacus Lore

Series: The Lorien Legacies (1)

What a fun read - great adventure story with high appeal for those who like their story to move along quickly. ( )
  zuzamiller | Feb 3, 2016 |
I liked the story enough to quickly read to the end. ( )
  idlerockfarm | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is a very good YA book. It is gripping and suspenseful and I can see why they made a movie of it, which I am now interested in seeing. It follows the epic tale of two worlds at war. The Mogadorians decimate every planet they inhabit and continue to have to overtake other planets for their survival. When they overtook the people of Lorien, the Loriens sent 9 "Guards" to Earth for the future reinhabitation of their own planet.

Full of intriguing alien "truths" and nonstop action, this was a very intriguing book and I will read the next in the series.
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
Nine children and their guardians have been sent to Earth because their planet was destroyed by the Mogadorians. The Mogadorians have followed them, so the children and guardians must be constantly vigilant. Thanks to a charm placed on them, the Mogadorians can only kill the children in order. The first 3 are dead. Now they are coming after number 4. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
As will always be true, the book was better than the movie. There is more character development and foraging out of the plot. If you saw the movie and enjoyed it--or even if you didn't enjoy the movie, the books is a good read. And as cute as the Pettyfer kid is, I could not picture him as John while reading. The she change between book and film is evident-- John being younger in the book than he is portrayed in the film Hero is such an awesome & moveable character and Sarah, in my opinion, is more likeable in the book than in the movie. Good book, glad I found it, can't wait to see where this series goes. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jan 15, 2016 |

Lore, Pittacusprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brender, IrmelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kaplan, AdamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meer, Joost van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oostendorp, WilliamTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
THE EVENTS IN THIS BOOK ARE REAL.

NAMES AND PLACES HAVE BEEN CHANGED
TO PROTECT THE LORIEN SIX,
WHO REMAIN IN HIDING.

TAKE THIS AS YOUR FIRST WARNING.

OTHER CIVILIZATIONS DO EXIST.

SOME OF THEM SEEK TO DESTROY YOU.
The door starts shaking.
I pick up a birth certificate that he has already finished.  The name written is James Hughes.  The date of birth would make me one year older.  I'd be sixteen and able to drive.  Then I bend over and look at the one he is in the process of creating. The name listed is Jobie Frey, age eighteen, a legal adult.

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.

In rural Ohio, friendships and a beautiful girl prove distracting to a fifteen-year-old who has hidden on Earth for ten years waiting to develop the Legacies, or powers, he will need to rejoin the other six surviving Garde members and fight the Mogadorians who destroyed their planet, Lorien.… (more)

HarperCollins Childrens Books

2 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061969559, 0062026240

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,040,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible