I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four (edition 2011)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:KatieBufton
Title:I Am Number Four
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 496 pages
Rating:*****

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Recently added byescapefromreality13, MonsterReader, kidsrml, private library, MintyMo, Laurapot, BobJay, leven1313

As will always be true, the book was better than the movie. There is more character development and foraging out of the plot. If you saw the movie and enjoyed it--or even if you didn't enjoy the movie, the books is a good read. And as cute as the Pettyfer kid is, I could not picture him as John while reading. The she change between book and film is evident-- John being younger in the book than he is portrayed in the film Hero is such an awesome & moveable character and Sarah, in my opinion, is more likeable in the book than in the movie. Good book, glad I found it, can't wait to see where this series goes. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
Loved this book! ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
I really liked this book. There were slow parts, and the beginning was very slow in my opinion, the ending made up for that, and the characters are great, and grow as the book goes on. It is a great book, and an interesting plot. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Oh, this book was wonderful! I watched the movie first, and I'm actually glad that I did, because I more than likely wouldn't have picked up the book. I'm not a big sci-fi fan. I cannot wait for the next in the series! I almost cried at the end of the book, and if I hadn't been at work, I probably would have. ( )
  butterfly58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
I picked this up last night intending to read a few chapters.... and finished at about 1.30am.
The Superman like premise of the character's entrance to earth is familiar but the life and death struggle to prevent the destruction of Earth by the same race that destroyed Lorian adds a sense of urgency to the series. This is a very easy reading book but action packed enough that it doesn't feel to simple for an adult reader. A great book for 10 age group or reluctant older readers as well as those of us who just enjoy some escapism. ( )
1 vote SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |

Lore, Pittacusprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brender, IrmelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kaplan, AdamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meer, Joost van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oostendorp, WilliamTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
THE EVENTS IN THIS BOOK ARE REAL.

NAMES AND PLACES HAVE BEEN CHANGED
TO PROTECT THE LORIEN SIX,
WHO REMAIN IN HIDING.

TAKE THIS AS YOUR FIRST WARNING.

OTHER CIVILIZATIONS DO EXIST.

SOME OF THEM SEEK TO DESTROY YOU.
The door starts shaking.
I pick up a birth certificate that he has already finished.  The name written is James Hughes.  The date of birth would make me one year older.  I'd be sixteen and able to drive.  Then I bend over and look at the one he is in the process of creating. The name listed is Jobie Frey, age eighteen, a legal adult.

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.

In rural Ohio, friendships and a beautiful girl prove distracting to a fifteen-year-old who has hidden on Earth for ten years waiting to develop the Legacies, or powers, he will need to rejoin the other six surviving Garde members and fight the Mogadorians who destroyed their planet, Lorien.… (more)

HarperCollins Childrens Books

2 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061969559, 0062026240

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,351,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible