I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four (edition 2011)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:KatieBufton
Title:I Am Number Four
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 496 pages
Rating:*****

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (Author)

Good science fiction and a very light read. ( )
  CathyInCanada | Jun 25, 2015 |
Good science fiction and a very light read. ( )
  CathyInCanada | Jun 25, 2015 |
Vaya, la verdad esperaba mucho mas de este libro. La historia prometía: Nueve chicos, los últimos de su especie llegan a la tierra escapando a la destrucción de su planeta natal. Buscan esconderse hasta tener suficiente edad para desarrollar sus poderes (llamados legados) y poder combatir los tipos que conquistaron su planeta. En esencia la historia va en torno a la persecución a la que son sometidos (es curioso que solo pueden ser asesinados en orden numérico).
El problema comienza desde el comienzo (valga la redundancia), el protagonista John a mi parecer no tiene chiste; es tan apagado que daría lo mismo si lo mataran desde el comienzo... Los demás personajes tampoco brillan, casi todos planos; la historia predecible. Aun así, tiene algo que puede llegar a enganchar, tal vez algún día lea los demás libros. ( )
  zkazy | Apr 24, 2015 |
Nine aliens and their guardians are hiding on Earth … protected by a charm that means they can only be killed in numeric order. Three are already dead. John Smith is Number Four.
John has to keep moving: he’s got to outrun his past; escape his mortal enemies the Mogadorians, and blend into normal student life. But above all he must pray his newly found powers – alien legacies from home Planet Lorien – don’t give him away before he can complete his destiny, unlock his powers and protect his future.

In the beginning we were nine.
We left when we were very young, almost too young to remember. Almost. And now . . .
Three are gone.
We are here to keep our race alive, which was almost entirely obliterated. We’re just trying to survive.
Six are left.
But we are hunted, and the hunters won’t stop until they’ve killed us all.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
I am Number Four.
I know that I am next.
http://www.iamnumberfour.co.uk, 2015) ( )
  nicsreads | Mar 18, 2015 |

Lore, PittacusAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brender, IrmelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kaplan, AdamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meer, Joost van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oostendorp, WilliamTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
THE EVENTS IN THIS BOOK ARE REAL.

NAMES AND PLACES HAVE BEEN CHANGED
TO PROTECT THE LORIEN SIX,
WHO REMAIN IN HIDING.

TAKE THIS AS YOUR FIRST WARNING.

OTHER CIVILIZATIONS DO EXIST.

SOME OF THEM SEEK TO DESTROY YOU.
The door starts shaking.
I pick up a birth certificate that he has already finished.  The name written is James Hughes.  The date of birth would make me one year older.  I'd be sixteen and able to drive.  Then I bend over and look at the one he is in the process of creating. The name listed is Jobie Frey, age eighteen, a legal adult.

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.

In rural Ohio, friendships and a beautiful girl prove distracting to a fifteen-year-old who has hidden on Earth for ten years waiting to develop the Legacies, or powers, he will need to rejoin the other six surviving Garde members and fight the Mogadorians who destroyed their planet, Lorien.… (more)

HarperCollins Childrens Books

2 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061969559, 0062026240

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,961,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible