Angel Slayer by Michele Hauf

Angel Slayer (edition 2010)

by Michele Hauf

Member:RobynBachar
Title:Angel Slayer
Authors:Michele Hauf
Info:Harlequin (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Tags:paranormal-romance

Angel Slayer by Michele Hauf

Just when I getting fed up with the whole angel paranormal romance scene, I found this gem. I've had it on my kindle for months and never got round to reading it and am so glad I finally did...because I loved it.

The characters were fantastic, Eden is great strong heroine, and while she's a trust fund baby, she's got a mind of her own and money isn't the be all and end all of her existence. She's got her own life and own work in her paintings. She was smart, and acted sensibly and was generally awesome.

Ashur was a perfect flawed hero. Dark and very dangerous, and sexy as hell.

The mythology in this book was something I had never seen before and was fascinating. The plot was faced paced and exciting and at the same time had some wonderfully erotic scenes and some beautifully tender moments.

All in all a fantastic read.

sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
There's a good story lurking inside this book, somewhere, it's a pity that the author kept writing themselves into corners and then having to scrabble to try to get themselves out of the problems. Eden Campbell has always dreamed of angels and now she paints them (there was some technobabble about how she does this that my brain glazed over about). She finds herself being chased by an angel and rescued by Ashur. Ashur happens to be an angel slayer, referred to as a demon. They are trying to resist the attraction between them.

While it's not bad, it did try to hit every cliche on it's way down the rabbit hole. I could see some of the plot moments coming a mile off and kept wanting to slap some sense into the characters. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 10, 2011 |

All her life Eden Campbell had dreamed of angels...but none that she painted was like the fallen angel who attacked her. A muse, Eden was now to bear her attacker's offspring—one who promised the apocalypse and foretold her death. Where else could she turn but into the arms of a mesmerizingly handsome angel slayer? But Ashur's protection came with a price.

The dark, dangerous and oh-so-sexy slayer tormented her, made her remember how long it'd been since she'd had a man. But Ashur was no man, and no angel. He was a demon. Called from Beneath to slay her attacker, he could commit every sin but couldn't fall in love. And that was the one thing Eden wanted from him. How could she choose between a death sentence or a life without Ashur?

After being attacked by a fallen angel, unlike any of the angels she's dreamed about or painted Eden, pregnant with a child who promises the apocalypse and foretells her death, turns to a handsome angel slayer, a demon who is able to commit any sin but unable to fall in love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,247,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible