Angel Burn by L. A. Weatherly

Angel Burn (edition 2011)

by L. A. Weatherly

Member:BookishBrunette
Title:Angel Burn
Authors:L. A. Weatherly
Info:Candlewick (2011), Hardcover, 464 pages

Angel Burn by L. A. Weatherly

Angelfall by Susan Ee (bluepolicebox)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (wosret)
    wosret: I loved this alternate take on angel mythology! Great heroine and enjoyable romance.

English (76)  Spanish (1)  All languages (77)
3.5 stars Pretty good, but I've read better angel books. ( )
  Summer_Missfictional | May 23, 2014 |
It had so much potential, but quirks of the authorial voice (severe overuse of the word "gazing" among them) and some odd actions (or lack thereof - why didn't they just cut Willow's hair and dye it? If Alex spent so much time in hotel rooms, why didn't he read books instead of watching daytime TV?) hampered my enjoyment. The romance was sweet and very innocent - not a single mention of a hard-on despite all the full-body snuggling :)

I looked at the reviews for books 2 and 3, saw mention of a love triangle, and decided to check out book 3 from the library and read the ending, because while I want Alex and Willow to live happily ever after (and find out how they stopped the angel menace), I am not up to investing 20+ hours in listening to the audio books. ( )
  WeaselOfDoom | May 10, 2014 |
Still love these books no matter how many times I read them. ( )
  BookLoversLife | Apr 24, 2014 |
I may end up giving this book a 5 star rating. It will depend on how the rest of the series goes. The writing is actually very good. I was surprised at how well written this book is. The character development is solid and the plot is interesting and fast paced. Toward the end there were a few plot hiccups and I fear the romance part of the story may get too syrupy for my taste. I love a good romance but when it starts to be this repetitive litany of blabbing about just how much they love each other.... it gets annoying. We shall see. Anyone who liked this book may want to check out Angelfall by Susan Ee as well. ( )
  Kanic | Apr 9, 2014 |
I was hooked pretty much from the moment I read the first chapter. None of the characters felt stilted or two-dimensional in any way.

The romance aspect (which, no matter what YA paranormal novel you read) felt a little rushed. However, I won't quibble about it because it didn't feel forced or thrown in for good measure. It went with the flow of the story and I was rooting for the two main characters, Willow and Alex, to succeed.

The author's take on angels and where they come from is very nontraditional and this appealed to me. I love writers that think outside the box. I finished this book in two days and felt the time spent reading was worth it. This is book 1 of 3 and I can't wait to read the rest.

Would I recommend this book? YES! It is worth the read. Would I read a sequel? *squee* Yes, yes, yes!!! Just ordered the second one from the library so that I can devour it like the first. At least, that's my hope. ( )
  kishazworld | Oct 10, 2013 |
Published in the UK as Angel and in the USA as Angel Burn.

Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where she gets this power from... But Alex does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her. The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous and irresistible. In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.

In a world where angels are fierce stalkers whose irresistible force allows them to feed off humans and drain them of their vitality, a ruthless teenaged assassin of angels falls in love with a half-angel half-human girl, with devastating consequences.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,311,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible