Royal Blood

Royal Blood (edition 2011)

Member:ddelmoni
Title:Royal Blood
Authors:
Info:Berkley Pub Group 2011-09-06 (2011), Paperback
Collections:HH Library, 20th Century HF
Rating:***

Royal Blood by Rhys Bowen

Recently added byprivate library, dyanny66, ushatten, mercydallas, mryan40, cathyskye, annertan, mountie9, JudithElaine

Another wickedly funny adventure for the delightfully naive Georgie. This time around Georgie heads out to Transylvania to escape her horrid sister in law Fig, thanks to the intervention of the Queen. Got a kick out of the Vampire references and the antics of Georgie's new hapless maid Queenie. As mentioned before these books shine because of the characters, not necessarily the mystery itself. I listened to the audio version, and the narrator Katherine Kellgren is marvelous! ( )
  mountie9 | Jul 28, 2014 |
This was a fun read. Lady Georgie is a cousin to the Queen of England, which means that she is royalty, but a LONG way from sitting on the throne. Which also means that she has been trained for high society, but not much else. Unfortunately, her father has squandered the family's fortune and she is in need of a job. To help make ends meet, Lady Georgie takes on small jobs under cover for the Queen. In this cozy mystery, she represents the family at a royal wedding in ... Transylvania. But, when one of the wedding guests is murdered, Lady Georgie must try to solve the case before it becomes an international incident. Very witty, filled with tongue-in-cheek sarcasm and humor. ( )
  jmoncton | Jun 28, 2014 |
The series continues with a trip overseas - this one has some funny moments and comments. If you liked the others in the series then you will enjoy this one. ( )
  Neale | Mar 13, 2014 |
Lady Georgiana, a relation to the queen, is requested to represent the throne at a royal wedding in a creepy Transylvania castle. Fortunately, her sometime love interest Darcy O’Mara shows up when things start going downhill, like a wedding guest being murdered. Could vampires be involved? Or worse, was the target a mistake and the groom the intended victim? Nationalist politics comes into play as this strategic marriage looms closer. Can Georgiana unmask the killer before the nuptials are derailed? Royal Blood is another delightful installment in the Royal Spyness series. ( )
  NancyJCohen | Jan 5, 2014 |
The vampire stuff was a bit silly but still a fun cozy mystery. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to my sister-in-law Mary Vyvan, who always makes us so welcome in her lovely Cornish manor house where Lady Georgiana would feel completely at home.
November in London is utterly bloody.

Thirty-fourth in line to the throne--and England's poorest heiress--Lady Georgiana Rannoch fines herself in a truly draining state of affairs...

With my hateful brother, Binky, in town, I've been desperately seeking an escape. To my delight, it comes in the form of an invitation from the queen to represent the royals at a wedding in Transylvania--legendary home to the vampires. My freedom comes with some snags, though: the eminently boring Lady "Horse-face" Middlesex will be my chaperone, I'm to take my imaginary maid--the only one I can afford--and my erstwhile beau, Darcy O'Mara will be present, undoubtedly dashing in his groomsman's suit...

I soon realize why I was the one honored with such an invitation. The bride, Princess Maria Theresa, happens to be my old school chum Matty. But I find my stay in her macabre-looking castle to be unnerving. There are spooky bumps in the night, and I even find dear Matty with blood running down her chin. Quality time with Binky is starting to seem appealing. Then, during the preparations, a prominent--if vulgar and womanizing--wedding guest is poisoned. Something must be done lest the nuptial festivities go to ruin, or, worse yet, the couple's vows become to love and to cherish, till undeath do us part... [from the jacket]

To escape her hateful brother, Georgie Rannoch, penniless and thirty-fourth in line to the throne, accepts an invitation from the queen to represent the royals at a Transylvanian wedding in a macabre castle, only to find the bride with a bloody chin, a guest poisoned, and murderous mystery in the air.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,238,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible