Royal Blood

Royal Blood (edition 2011)

Member:ddelmoni
Title:Royal Blood
Authors:
Info:Berkley Pub Group 2011-09-06 (2011), Paperback
Collections:HH Library, 20th Century HF
Rating:***

Royal Blood by Rhys Bowen

The series continues with a trip overseas - this one has some funny moments and comments. If you liked the others in the series then you will enjoy this one. ( )
  Neale | Mar 13, 2014 |
Lady Georgiana, a relation to the queen, is requested to represent the throne at a royal wedding in a creepy Transylvania castle. Fortunately, her sometime love interest Darcy O’Mara shows up when things start going downhill, like a wedding guest being murdered. Could vampires be involved? Or worse, was the target a mistake and the groom the intended victim? Nationalist politics comes into play as this strategic marriage looms closer. Can Georgiana unmask the killer before the nuptials are derailed? Royal Blood is another delightful installment in the Royal Spyness series. ( )
  NancyJCohen | Jan 5, 2014 |
The vampire stuff was a bit silly but still a fun cozy mystery. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
Royal Blood is a hoot and a send up to the ubiquitous vampires appearing lately in literature, TV and the screen. When Georgie must be in a royal wedding in Transylvania and stay in an eerie castle that once belonged to Vlad the Impaler, odd things begin to happen. Not only does she have the worst maid in the world, but she is convinced there are vampires roaming around the castle, one of whom could be her old school friend and bride to be! There are lots of funny moments amidst the dead bodies. Best friend, Belinda and Georgie's mother are on hand to add to the humor, and Darcy is around for romantic interest. These two are getting warmer and warmer and I must admit, I'm growing very fond of the Irish devil, but they're not all the way there yet. I'd love to know what his real story is. I am loving this series and on audio it is delightful, narrated by Katherine Kellgren who makes listening to it a real treat! ( )
  ktleyed | Jul 4, 2013 |
Every so often I need a book ' gourmet dessert.' This series fits the bill - I love the characters, the time period and setting in London (although Georgie isn't in London for most of the book) are both some of my favorites, and the mystery itself is well-written. I enjoyed the addition of the newest character, but missed the grandfather (he's one of my favorites). The only unfortunate thing now is that I have to actually wait for the next book to be finished and come out in order to read it. ( )
  sriemann | Mar 31, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to my sister-in-law Mary Vyvan, who always makes us so welcome in her lovely Cornish manor house where Lady Georgiana would feel completely at home.
November in London is utterly bloody.

Thirty-fourth in line to the throne--and England's poorest heiress--Lady Georgiana Rannoch fines herself in a truly draining state of affairs...

With my hateful brother, Binky, in town, I've been desperately seeking an escape. To my delight, it comes in the form of an invitation from the queen to represent the royals at a wedding in Transylvania--legendary home to the vampires. My freedom comes with some snags, though: the eminently boring Lady "Horse-face" Middlesex will be my chaperone, I'm to take my imaginary maid--the only one I can afford--and my erstwhile beau, Darcy O'Mara will be present, undoubtedly dashing in his groomsman's suit...

I soon realize why I was the one honored with such an invitation. The bride, Princess Maria Theresa, happens to be my old school chum Matty. But I find my stay in her macabre-looking castle to be unnerving. There are spooky bumps in the night, and I even find dear Matty with blood running down her chin. Quality time with Binky is starting to seem appealing. Then, during the preparations, a prominent--if vulgar and womanizing--wedding guest is poisoned. Something must be done lest the nuptial festivities go to ruin, or, worse yet, the couple's vows become to love and to cherish, till undeath do us part... [from the jacket]

To escape her hateful brother, Georgie Rannoch, penniless and thirty-fourth in line to the throne, accepts an invitation from the queen to represent the royals at a Transylvanian wedding in a macabre castle, only to find the bride with a bloody chin, a guest poisoned, and murderous mystery in the air.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,599,086 books! | Top bar: Always visible