Pillar of Light by Gerald N. Lund

Story of a family which becomes involved in the founding and early days of the LDS Church. ( )
  librisissimo | Jan 24, 2011 |
I really liked the way the history was incorporated into an enjoyable story.
  tjsjohanna | Jul 11, 2007 |
The Steed family is introduced to Joseph Smith before the Book of Mormon is published. ( )
  meyben | Jun 8, 2007 |
Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down and my testimony and understanding of the early Latter-Day Saint history has grown a great deal. If you like a good historical romance, this is a wonderful series to read. I loved the series, and I would recommend it to everyone! ( )
  kt_marie | Mar 1, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 088494770X, Hardcover)

Pillar Of Light - the first volume in the series The Work And The Glory - begins the saga of the Benjamin Steed family, who, in the fall of 1826, move from Vermont to Palmyra Township in upstate New York in search of better farmland. Almost immediately they meet a young man named Joseph Smith and are thrown into the maelstrom of controversy that swirls around him. Is he a deluded farm boy or a prophet of God? Sincere seeker of truth or clever charlatan? Does he commune with angels or consort with devils? The answers to those questions - intensely personal, bitterly divisive - will profoundly affect the lives of the Steeds and many others.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:58 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,500,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible