Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse by George…

Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse (1986)

by George Selden

Series: Chester Cricket and Friends (6)

George Selden introduced Harry Cat and Tucker Mouse to the world in A Cricket in Times Square. I read the book back in elementary school, years before I started keeping track of my reading. I can remember borrowing every single book my school library had that featured these beloved characters.

Recently I saw a copy of Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse by George Selden on display at my local library. Feeling nostalgic I brought it home.

This one tells of the first meeting between Harry and Tucker, when Harry is just a kitten. They are both trying to survive in the hustle and bustle of Manhattan but haven't found their special place yet.

It's a cute fill-in-the-blanks type story. Anyone who has read A Cricket in Times Square will see how things have to end. Nonetheless, it's interesting to see how they got there and why it ended up being perfect for them. ( )
  pussreboots | Aug 9, 2015 |
Do you have a friend who lives on the edge? Well I do. Hi I am harry kitten me and my beast friend tucker mouse get stuck in the empire state building if you want to know if I make it out our not you have to read Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse. ( )
  sasgrade4 | Dec 16, 2009 |
#66, 2006

This is a sweet book, one which I don’t think I read as a child. It’s a “prequel” to “The Cricket in Times Square,” which tells the story of how Harry the Cat and Tucker Mouse met, and came to be friends. My son and I read it together today, taking turns doing the character voices. ( )
  herebedragons | Jan 15, 2007 |

George Seldenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

New editions of old favorites

Meet Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse. No one would ever dream that a cat and mouse could become friends, but that doesn't stop Harry and Tucker.

All they have is each other to depend on. Together they begin an exciting adventure throughout New York, searching for a home they can call their own. But the two friends run into some troublesome times in their journey around town. Is all hope lost? Where will they turn to next?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:05 -0400)

A hungry mouse and a lonely kitten become friends and seek adventure and fortune together in the streets and subways of New York City.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,021,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible