Chomsky on Mis-Education by Noam Chomsky

Chomsky on Mis-Education

by Noam Chomsky

English (3)  Spanish (2)  All (5)
El desarrollo de la capacidad crítica es uno de los objetivos más importantes de la educación, pero a veces es difícil conseguirlo en una sociedad que consume tanta basura y que se cree todo lo que lee o escucha por los medios de comunicación.
..nos están engañando a todos, no nos dejemos manipular ( )
  saidjaoujat | Oct 25, 2013 |
Chomsky reveals how the press in America is complicit with corporate interests, and how our government is also ruled by such interests- hardly a 'free' situation. One major topic of the book is documentation of U.S. terror abroad and the absence of U.S. media coverage of same. An enlightening book, and a good one to cross-reference with any of Arundhati Roy's non-fiction work, as well as Christopher Hitchens' "The Trial of Henry Kissinger," and of course, Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States."

Far from being "anti-American," this book is truly a look at just how anti-American jingoism and corporate capitalism can be. I would say this book is "anti-American foreign policy and hegemony," which, when faced with the facts of our actions abroad, any person with a conscience (and any person who believes in democracy) should be. ( )
2 vote sweetdissident | Mar 29, 2009 |
See Miseducation at From Word to Word
  jeremylukehill | Feb 24, 2009 |

In this book, Chomsky builds a larger understanding of our educational needs, starting with the changing role of schools today, yet broadening our view toward new models of public education for citizenship.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:38 -0400)

Noam Chomsky's prolific writings have made him one of the most-quoted educators in history?the only living writer on a most-cited list that includes Plato, Shakespeare, and Freud. Yet until now, no book has systematically offered Chomsky's influential writings on education. In Chomsky on MisEducation, Noam Chomsky encourages a larger understanding of our educational needs, starting with the changing role of schools today, and broadening our view of new models of public education. Chomsky weaves global technological change and the primacy of responsible media with the democratic role of schools and higher education. A truly democratic society, he argues, cannot thrive in a rapidly changing world unless our approach to education?formal and otherwise?is dramatically reformed. Chomsky's critique of how our current educational system "miseducates" students?and his prescriptions for change?are essential reading for teachers, parents, school administrators, activists, and anyone concerned about the future.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,335,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible