ALONE: Orphaned on the Ocean by Richard…

ALONE: Orphaned on the Ocean (edition 2010)

by Richard Logan, Tere Duperrault Fassbender

Info:Titletown Publishing, LLC (2010), Hardcover, 208 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Crime - True, Nonfiction

ALONE: Orphaned on the Ocean by Richard Logan

This book is worth reading for the story alone. I couldn't help but admire Tere/Terry, and I was fascinated by the description of Julian Harvey -- a psychopath who was very, very good at putting on a normal facade. However, I don't think the book was well-written. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. I found the writing amateurish and repetitive -- I lost count of how many times the author reminded us that Harvey was a war hero.

I would still recommend this book, in spite of the way it was written, simply for the fascinating tale it tells. ( )
  meggyweg | Feb 8, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0982000979, Hardcover)

Terry Jo Duperrault was 11 when her family was murdered at sea aboard a chartered sailboat off the coast of Florida. She jumped overboard just in time to escape. Surviving four days on a cork float in the middle of the ocean, Terry Jo's rescue pictures graced LIFE Magazine soon after she was found.

This is the first time Terry Jo, now known as Tere Duperrault Fassbender, has been able to fully tell her story. In September 1988 Oprah Winfrey reunited her with the freighter captain who saved her but, even then, she was not healed enough to reveal what it took to survive for four days adrift and alone at sea.

Co-authored by psychologist and survival expert Richard Logan, readers delve into the details of how a little girl survived the murder of her family; the gradual collapse of the small cork float she used to keep afloat while guarded by a small pod of whales; and the aftermath and the reclamation of life.

ALONE is the ultimate inspirational tale of good.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:39 -0400)

Co-authored by a renowned psychologist and survival expert, this book delves into the details of how a little girl survived the at-sea murder of her family; the pod of whales who guarded her; and the aftermath and the recapturing of life.

39 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,498,173 books! | Top bar: Always visible