The Hunted of 2060 by Ami Rebecca…

The Hunted of 2060 (edition 2012)

by Ami Rebecca Blackwelder

Member:shonda12
Title:The Hunted of 2060
Authors:Ami Rebecca Blackwelder
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 276 pages

The Hunted of 2060 by Ami Rebecca Blackwelder

I received the Shifter series from early reviewers, which I have read in chronological order rather than the order they were written in. A good follow on from the previous books, I found it hard to put down nearing the end of the story. I felt that the main character, April accepted her new life very easily which was a little surprising. And what girl wouldn't love a supportive man by her side like Robert? I remained a little confused by the multitude of hybrids and their characteristics and didn't feel like spending time studying the appendix to get it crystal clear in my mind. A few twists and turns and wrap up of all the story threads left this reader satisfied that finally after decades of persecution, death and struggle life for the shifters would be good.
  TinaC1 | Mar 9, 2013 |
This is another good book in the shifter series. Excitement, action, paranormal and romance all in one book. Try any or all of these books and you WILL enjoy them. ( )
  roadway2000 | Dec 6, 2012 |
I received this book as a free review copy with the only request that I write a review.
I was unaware of this series before and see that the Hunted of 2060 is actually the 5th book in the series. That didn't seem to matter as the story stood on its own just fine. Numerous references to past happenings that I guess I be able to go back and read as all prequels now.
The story is interesting. April is a young college student who seems to get sick, fequently missing class. Initially unknown to her she is a hybrid. A combination of human and alien DNA, able to transform into animal form. She becomes part of a clan of hybrids who rescue her when suddenly one day at a school event she starts to transform. The human population thought they had wiped out what they considered to be an alien invasion years ago but still have a militia roaming around keeping a close eye on society anyway. This is the story of her conflicted emotions between growing up human but being a hybrid and the collision of the two worlds around her and her attempts to make peace between her human and hybrid friends.
I found the story very interesting and enjoyable. I will look into reading the earlier books in the series. ( )
  scmerritt | Sep 23, 2012 |
I just loved the world that was created in this book. I like how well the future was shaped and how the government worked. And what was scary is that the world could end up that way. All fighting, with nothing but wars.

The main characters in this book, April, I liked. She had a real strong head on her shoulders. She found out who she was and she stood up for herself. When the packed did not approve of who she was with, she fought her him. I admired her strength to stand firm. I think it would be scary to not only stand up for yourself, but to stand for yourself in front of a pack is down right risky! All the characters had such unique names. I like how the names matched each character well. While all the characters could shape shift, they all stood for their rights till the very end. Many were lost, but I loved their loyalty to fight till the end.

I like how April story was intertwined with the past. It made the story much more interesting in seeing how it all connected. April, had so much more to her, I knew that there had to be more.

My only gripe was that at times the story had a good build up, then it get slow. It bothered me a bit, but still the story was good enough to continue on reading. Overall, this book was written well. It has a good back round to it. It leads the reader in to diving right in and stepping into sync with the characters. ( )
  Bookswithbite | Jun 16, 2011 |
THE HUNTED OF 2060 by Ami Rebecca Blackwelder is a sci-fi romance thriller about the future. It is set in 2060 in Alaska. It is well written, easy to follow, interesting and has a great dialogue. This is my book first by this author, I thought the story had depth and the plot to follow. It has the struggles between two worlds, humans and aliens(wildlife/animal), who has mated to create hybids, violence, betrayal, fear, and making the right choice. It is written in first person. The heroine, April, finds out she is different, a hybid after her nineteen birthday, when she begans to notice a change. She struggles with who she was and want she is becoming. She and her clan must outwit, outrun, out fight their enemies while she is coming to grips with who she is, finding the family she didn't know she had and staying alive. She remains sympathetic to humans for she is half human and is in love with a human.The characters are believable, strong, interesting, easy to follow,it is easy to share their lost, hope, and dreams. It has twists, turns, and is fast paced.
If you enjoy sci-fi, fantsasy, and how prejudice breaks the human connection you will enjoy this one. This book was received for review by the author and details can be found at Creative Endeavors Publishing and My Book Addiction and More. ( )
  tarenn | Aug 9, 2010 |

Set in Alaska in 2060, when April enters her Sophomore year at University, she thought Robert might be the love of her life, but as she discovers, she is hiding something inside her, something the rest of the world believes to have died out.

She struggles with who she was and who she is becoming as she learns of a family she never knew existed and of enemies she will have to outrun, outfight or outwit to survive.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ami Rebecca Blackwelder's book The Hunted of 2060 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,592,900 books! | Top bar: Always visible