No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After…

No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Kresley Cole

Title:No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Book 2)
Authors:Kresley Cole
Info:Pocket Star (2006), Edition: 1, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: "A hunger like no other" is the first book of this series.

I love how this series doesn't simply take place one right after the other. The stories told in each of these books overlaps with the others, sometimes telling part of the same event from different points of view. The Hie competition that was so much a part of this book was also the beginning of Mari and Bowen's story. It's fascinating and adds so many layers to what are already fantastic books.
  ERose207 | Nov 14, 2015 |
Kaderin's only purpose in life it to kill vampires and win the Hie (a twisted version of the amazing race) until she finds herself stuck with a vampire claiming shes his bride. She wants to run and continue on her mission to win the hie, and in turn win her sister's lives, but at the same time she can't resist him.

Not so much as steaming pages, but rather boiling water hot. Which is still pretty dang hot. This book has everything you could want, dirty fighting, sex, werewolves, vampires, Valkyrie, and anything else you can imagine. The writing is fast paced and you will soon find yourself sucked into the action, of which there is plenty of. I am not sure how I felt about the end because I really wish that Bowen could have done something...but hey, his book is next so I am sure we will see why. Great read. Loved it. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Loved, loved, loved this book. The plot is simple: Vampire meets Valkyrie, Vampire falls for Valkyrie, Vampire follows Valkyrie on Magical Mystery Scavenger Hunt. In this book, the standard PNR gender roles (vampire warrior's cold heart is melted by smart, emotionally mature heroine) are reversed and I approached the book with a bit of skepticism. I'm a sucker for the dark, cold heroes and the hero sounded a bit...warm and fuzzy. Boy, was I wrong. Ms. Cole managed to create a strong, yet caring vampire hero and a cold, but sympathetic heroine. The Magical Mystery Scavenger Hunt was fast and entertaining. It also gives the reader a much-appreciatedd tour of the Lore world and introduces several promising secondary characters (more books, yay!) I liked the fact that Ms. Cole acknowledges that a six-foot tall male would be an anomaly in medieval Europe and would likely be viewed as a freak. The HEA was very convincing. I can picture Kaderin and Sebastian bantering their way through the next scavenger hunt, 250 years after their fist meeting. Overall, a very good read. ( )
  AniGonzalez | Aug 12, 2015 |
I adore this book. Sebastian and Kaderin are fabulous characters and the setting of the Immortal Amazing Race is big fun! ( )
  KarinShah | May 13, 2015 |
No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole is a 2006 Pocket Star publication. I was provided a copy of the book by the S&S XOX pert official street team of XOXO After Dark.

After a very long gap between reading the first book and this second book, I can say I am finally able to read a paranormal romance/ Urban Fantasy novel again without cringing. I have heard some tantalizing rumors that Ms. Cole is all set to publish a new book into this series, so I am frantically trying to catch up so I will be ready for the new release.

I really liked the first book in this series but didn't know how things would progress from there, so I started this one off with a cautionary optimistic approach.

The story gets off to a super hot beginning as we meet Sebastian, a three hundred year old reluctant vampire and Kaderin the Cold-Hearted, a Valkyrie, with deep rooted hatred for Vampires. She had fully intended to to kill Sebastian too, but the oddest thing happened...

Yep, you guessed it.. Kaderin is Sebastian's “bride”, and she has awakened his senses for the first time in three hundred years. But, Sebastian isn't the only who feels the undeniable force. Kaderin finds herself unable to kill a vampire, for the first time ever. So, Sebastian lives another day, but he is now obsessed with locating his bride which leads him to attempt to trace her, a talent vampires weren't thought excel at. But, Sebastian was determined and succeeds in locating Kaderin once again, only to find himself embroiled in an odd sort of competition/treasure hunt that will take them several interesting locales.

There is an underlying theme here that deals with prejudice, as different beings believe themselves to be better than others, with Vampires coming in at the bottom of the heap. In fact, jokes were made about Kaderin “slumming” with a vampire, just like her sister did.

Kaderin and Sebastian are both very intriguing characters, each having endured much pain in their lives. The Hie ( or treasure hunt) is an action packed adventure and I really got caught up in. This was kind of unique thing to include in a steamy paranormal romance novel, but it worked out great. This book was very different from the first one in the series, but Bowen is prominently featured in this book too.
Although I still think the first book has a slight edge over this one, this is the best paranormal/urban fantasy series I've been into for a while. I think it's the combination of action, unique beings, and deep emotional connections between the characters. The story has an edge to it, and an element of suspense as well as some smokin' hot love scenes. There is no doubt I am up for the next book in the series. 4 stars ( )
  gpangel | Apr 29, 2015 |

Kresley Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Petkoff, RobertReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Charrier, MichelleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kovács János,Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Two of my brothers are dead, Sebastian Wroth thought, staring up from the floor as he fought to keep from writhing in pain.

In this next installment in the Immortals After Dark Series, USA Today Bestselling author Kresley Cole delivers a scorching tale about a forbidding vampire who lives in the shadows and the beautiful assassin who hunts him there.

A soldier weary of life . . .
Centuries ago, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire – a nightmare in his mind – against his will. Burdened with hatred and alone for ages, he sees little reason to live. Until an exquisite, fey creature comes to kill him, inadvertently saving him instead.

A Valkyrie assassin dispatched to destroy him . . .
When Kaderin the Cold Hearted lost her two beloved sisters to a vampire attack long ago, a benevolent force deadened her sorrow – accidentally extinguishing all of her emotions. Yet whenever she encounters Sebastian, her feelings – particularly lust – emerge multiplied. For the first time, she's unable to complete a kill.

Become competitors in a legendary hunt.
The prize of the month-long contest is powerful enough to change history, and Kaderin will do anything to win it for her sisters. Wanting only to win her, forever, Sebastian competes as well, taking every opportunity – as they travel to ancient tombs and through catacombs, seeking relics around the world – to use her new feelings to seduce her. But when forced to choose between the vampire she's falling for and reuniting her family, how can Kaderin live without either?

Tired of his vampire existence and yearning for death, Sebastian Wroth may finally get his chance when he encounters Kaderin, an assassin rendered emotionless by the loss of her sisters, but an attraction between them could transform their lives.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible