No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After…

No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Kresley Cole

1,115457,401 ()24
Member:sidhevicious
Title:No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Book 2)
Authors:Kresley Cole
Info:Pocket Star (2006), Edition: 1, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: "A hunger like no other" is the first book of this series.

I enjoyed this paranormal romance especially the endearing hero determined to get his woman but the heroine was too stubborn. The plot was good but lots of setup and my interest waned some. Valkyrie Kaderin goes to kill vampire Sebastian who wants to die but she hesitates.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Kaderin's only purpose in life it to kill vampires and win the Hie (a twisted version of the amazing race) until she finds herself stuck with a vampire claiming shes his bride. She wants to run and continue on her mission to win the hie, and in turn win her sister's lives, but at the same time she can't resist him.

Not so much as steaming pages, but rather boiling water hot. Which is still pretty dang hot. This book has everything you could want, dirty fighting, sex, werewolves, vampires, Valkyrie, and anything else you can imagine. The writing is fast paced and you will soon find yourself sucked into the action, of which there is plenty of. I am not sure how I felt about the end because I really wish that Bowen could have done something...but hey, his book is next so I am sure we will see why. Great read. Loved it. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
As with the previous installment, A Hunger Like No Other, I wasn't blown away by this book. As a matter of fact, I only read it because I purchased it alongside book #2 and I felt like it was a waste not to read it. In hindsight, I shoulda just sent it back, but I'm one of those people that when I have the book in my hands, I'm gonna crack it open and just start reading.

It was just as cheesy as the previous book. Not necessarily bad, just not MY kind of book. I'd say it's good for what it is - a romance novel, albeit a bit clichéd. If you like quivers and shivers and thrusts and wet cores (snicker), then give it a go. If you're like me and prefer more emotions, more snark, and less of the above, try the Kate Daniels series, The Edge series, or something along those lines. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Kaderin and Sebastion. A Valykrie and a vampire compete in a paranormal Amazing Race. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
All these books are really interchangeable. I am interested on how this will all turn out. The story lines are usually interesting but they always declare that someone is "mine". They are always well enodowed and rich. But it is urban fantasy so I guess it is better for them to be rich than not. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |

Kresley Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Petkoff, RobertReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Charrier, MichelleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kovács János,Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Two of my brothers are dead, Sebastian Wroth thought, staring up from the floor as he fought to keep from writhing in pain.

In this next installment in the Immortals After Dark Series, USA Today Bestselling author Kresley Cole delivers a scorching tale about a forbidding vampire who lives in the shadows and the beautiful assassin who hunts him there.

A soldier weary of life . . .
Centuries ago, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire – a nightmare in his mind – against his will. Burdened with hatred and alone for ages, he sees little reason to live. Until an exquisite, fey creature comes to kill him, inadvertently saving him instead.

A Valkyrie assassin dispatched to destroy him . . .
When Kaderin the Cold Hearted lost her two beloved sisters to a vampire attack long ago, a benevolent force deadened her sorrow – accidentally extinguishing all of her emotions. Yet whenever she encounters Sebastian, her feelings – particularly lust – emerge multiplied. For the first time, she's unable to complete a kill.

Become competitors in a legendary hunt.
The prize of the month-long contest is powerful enough to change history, and Kaderin will do anything to win it for her sisters. Wanting only to win her, forever, Sebastian competes as well, taking every opportunity – as they travel to ancient tombs and through catacombs, seeking relics around the world – to use her new feelings to seduce her. But when forced to choose between the vampire she's falling for and reuniting her family, how can Kaderin live without either?

Tired of his vampire existence and yearning for death, Sebastian Wroth may finally get his chance when he encounters Kaderin, an assassin rendered emotionless by the loss of her sisters, but an attraction between them could transform their lives.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,705,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible