No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After…

No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Kresley Cole

Member:sidhevicious
Title:No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Book 2)
Authors:Kresley Cole
Info:Pocket Star (2006), Edition: 1, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: "A hunger like no other" is the first book of this series.

As with the previous installment, A Hunger Like No Other, I wasn't blown away by this book. As a matter of fact, I only read it because I purchased it alongside book #2 and I felt like it was a waste not to read it. In hindsight, I shoulda just sent it back, but I'm one of those people that when I have the book in my hands, I'm gonna crack it open and just start reading.

It was just as cheesy as the previous book. Not necessarily bad, just not MY kind of book. I'd say it's good for what it is - a romance novel, albeit a bit clichéd. If you like quivers and shivers and thrusts and wet cores (snicker), then give it a go. If you're like me and prefer more emotions, more snark, and less of the above, try the Kate Daniels series, The Edge series, or something along those lines. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Kaderin and Sebastion. A Valykrie and a vampire compete in a paranormal Amazing Race. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
All these books are really interchangeable. I am interested on how this will all turn out. The story lines are usually interesting but they always declare that someone is "mine". They are always well enodowed and rich. But it is urban fantasy so I guess it is better for them to be rich than not. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
This is the Sebastian Worth's story. He is the youngest of the Wroth brothers and the one that fought the hardest to not be turned into a vampire. He has lived for 300 years by himself. He is all but a hermit and the villagers that live near his castle fear he will kill them. When Kaderin shows up to kill him he is glad to have it end. Well things just aren't that easy of either of them. Kaderin can’t kill him. The first time in her life that a vampire’s life is not taken. Sebastian can’t believe that he has found his bride. What follows is a race against the rest of the Lore for a chance to bring loved ones that have been lost. There are several that will kill for the chance to make that dream happen.

Sebastian is literally a knight and being so has many of the virtues that being knight required. He is honor, vicious in battle, kind to those that are innocent, and loyal to a fault. He blames himself for the death of his sisters and father. Even though there was little he could do to stop the plague that took them. Sebastian is a product of the era in which he grew up. He does learn very quickly especially when he realizes that Kaderin is his Bride. There are some very funny parts of the story between these two alpha personalities. There is also some very sad. It is amazing how much damage can done to one of these immortals. I liked Sebastian very much and I cheered when he finally won his Bride.

Kaderin the Cold Hearted has won a version of the Lore “Great Race” the last five times that it has been run. She can be ruthless in her pursuit of victory. With the prize being a chance to retrieve her sisters at stake there is nothing that is going to get in her way. Fate, of course, has plans to make this a much more interesting race than those of the past. Because Fate throws Sebastian in the mix and Kaderin gets her emotions back. Now Kaderin can be a real bitch. As the story goes on she does show that she can be kind hearted and caring. You can tell that she isn't use to feeling emotions and they throw her off her game. I was very glad to see that she finally realizes that Sebastian is the male for her and she is willing to fight to keep him.

We get to see more of Myst and Nikolai in this story. It was great to see Nikolai and Sebastian begin to work out the differences and become brothers again. There is also Nix and Regin in this story. I have to wonder how Regin has lasted for so long with the Valkyrie. I think most of them would like to stuff her in a well. Bowen shows up are the Hie. He is after the prize so he can get his mate back. I was very sorry that he didn't get the prize. I have to wonder though if the witch, Mariketa the Awaited, isn’t his mate. There are some sparks that fly during the race. Finally there a few glimpses of Emma and Lachlain. I get the impression that those two are going to be very busy for a while.

This a wonderful story even if some of the names are impossible to pronounce. Ms. Cole has put together a wonder filled world of all the beings that kids and adults have heard stories about. There is much depth to the setting of each story and the characters are likable when they are supposed to be and vile when they should be. Ms. Cole also writes some very hot love scenes. Sebastian and Kaderin burn of the sheets and even become members of the mile high club. This is a great addition to the paranormal genre and those fans should enjoy it very much. ( )
  LadyIsis | Mar 26, 2014 |
Turned into a vampire against his will, Sebastian Wroth has lived like a hermit for centuries. Kaedrin the Cold Hearted feels no emotion and has just one goal - win the Hie, claim the prize, and rescue her sisters from death. Sebastian doesn't believe the prize will work, but if Kaedrin wants it, he's going to win it for her. Unless Kaedrin kills him first.

An immortal Amazing Race full of clever twists and lots of steam. Cole doesn't disappoint. ( )
  SunnySD | Nov 16, 2013 |

Kresley Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Petkoff, RobertReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Charrier, MichelleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kovács János,Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Two of my brothers are dead, Sebastian Wroth thought, staring up from the floor as he fought to keep from writhing in pain.

In this next installment in the Immortals After Dark Series, USA Today Bestselling author Kresley Cole delivers a scorching tale about a forbidding vampire who lives in the shadows and the beautiful assassin who hunts him there.

A soldier weary of life . . .
Centuries ago, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire – a nightmare in his mind – against his will. Burdened with hatred and alone for ages, he sees little reason to live. Until an exquisite, fey creature comes to kill him, inadvertently saving him instead.

A Valkyrie assassin dispatched to destroy him . . .
When Kaderin the Cold Hearted lost her two beloved sisters to a vampire attack long ago, a benevolent force deadened her sorrow – accidentally extinguishing all of her emotions. Yet whenever she encounters Sebastian, her feelings – particularly lust – emerge multiplied. For the first time, she's unable to complete a kill.

Become competitors in a legendary hunt.
The prize of the month-long contest is powerful enough to change history, and Kaderin will do anything to win it for her sisters. Wanting only to win her, forever, Sebastian competes as well, taking every opportunity – as they travel to ancient tombs and through catacombs, seeking relics around the world – to use her new feelings to seduce her. But when forced to choose between the vampire she's falling for and reuniting her family, how can Kaderin live without either?

Tired of his vampire existence and yearning for death, Sebastian Wroth may finally get his chance when he encounters Kaderin, an assassin rendered emotionless by the loss of her sisters, but an attraction between them could transform their lives.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,320,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible