Unwilling Warrior (Seasons of Redemption,…

Unwilling Warrior (Seasons of Redemption, Book 1) (edition 2010)

by Andrea Boeshaar

Member:AuntieSal
Title:Unwilling Warrior (Seasons of Redemption, Book 1)
Authors:Andrea Boeshaar
Info:Realms (2010), Edition: 1st, Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Unwilling Warrior by Andrea Boeshaar (Author)

There is nothing I like better than a good historical book. I love to read about the Civil War and that era. Unwilling Warrior did just that, a great book,

In this book I met Valerie Fontaine and Benjamin McCabe. These two fall in love but face strong obstacles during their romance. Valerie and Benjamin learn to lean the Lord, and find that God does indeed sustain them through loss and uncertainty as well as treachery; deceit from the wicked James designer Catherine.

Although the War Between the States makes it unsafe to travel, following the death of her mother, Valerie Fontaine leaves her Virginia boarding school to come home to New Orleans. However, her father lets her know that she is unwelcome.

Her father decides to marry Valerie off to neighbor James Ladden who she despises. She likes his guest t photographer Benjamin McCabe who is in town searching for his missing brother Luke who vanished during the Battle of Bull Run. Will Valerie have to marry James? Does Luke find his brother or was he lost in the war between the states?

Thanks to Rebecca at Glass Roads for this copy to review.

The Author

Milwaukee native, Andrea Boeshaar has given inspirational romance lovers another reason to fancy historical fiction with her new book, Unwilling Warrior, the first book in the Seasons of Redemption series. In 1991, I gave my heart to Jesus Christ. Soon after, I realized I was call to write Christian romance. My world changed. My writing changed. But my desire to write a romance set during the Civil War remained.

In 1994 my first novel was published. A grand attempt. But due to word length constraints, the story was only a shadow of what I really had wanted to create.

Sixteen years later, I was given my chance to write the story that’s lurked in my heart for nearly four decades. Unwilling Warrior is the result.
Posted by Edna at 1:46 PM 0 comments Links to this post
Labels: Review
Jul 1, 2010
Gasping Heaven

From back of book: This is a the true story of a young doctor following God's plan for her to serve in the Great Cold Mountains of China. Dr. Tami Fisk's story not only recounts struggles and joys, but also grapples and probes issues through witty, heartwarming excerpts from journals she kept. Catch the life and beliefs of the Yi people through Tami's culinary adventures and 'Martian" experiences. When Tami returns home to prepare for more services in China, cancer breaks loose. This is a story of a doctor's journey beyond China facing terminal illness with faith, courage and a vision for heaven.

My Review:
Even when Tami was only 9 years old she knew that she wanted to be a missionary and a doctor serving overseas on the mission field. As she grew up and was in high school she studied and made the best grades that she could. She wanted to go onto college and she did. With such great grades she wad received scholarships to two of the best colleges but she wanted to stay near home so that she work and then later go to a better college as she became a doctor.
Tami always had a Bible in her hand and a notebook near by so that she could keep notes of anything that she thought important. She did finish college, medical college and her residency. Her first thought was that God wanted her to serve in Africa but after a trip to China and meeting these people she felt led to serve in China.

Before she could serve long, she had come home for a stay and that is when she found the cancer. Tami never stopped helping people and the Chinese as long as she was able. Then one night with her family around her she went out to meet the God she had served all her life. When her family came home from the hospital after Tami passed her brother opened her laptop and there was a poem there that she had left for her family. Tami had never married and used all her time in the service for God. This is what her brother and her parents found on her laptop.

This book was sent to me for review by Arielle at Bring It On Communications

Book will b released in Sept. you can pre-order your book here or on any book sites.

Tami's Poem

Today I am healed.
Perhaps not the way you had hoped for,
Prayed for, waited for
But I'm in a glorious new body,
Free of pain, full of new strength
Free to run and dance in a place
Where God Himself wipes my tears away
Immersed in a love, joy and peace
That we have a mere taste of
During our time on earth
In the presence of my God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Who loves me more than His own life
Know that today I am healed.

My Thought: This is a very moving book, as I have friends that has served in India and all over the Eastern part of the world, I really relate to Tami's story. God can work anywhere and with anyone if we only listen to what he tells us. ( )
  EdnaT | Aug 5, 2010 |
This historical romance is set during the Civil War period of 1861. Valerie Fontaine, the heroine is 19 years old and struggling with the unexpected loss of her dear mother. She rashly decides to leave her finishing school in Virginia and comes home unexpectedly to New Orleans to be with her father over the Christmas holidays.

Upon arriving home, her dreams of comfort and having a close relationship with her father are dashed when she is met by the bitter and angry man he has become. Saddened, hurt and desperately missing her mother, she pours her heart out to God while she struggles to carry out her responsibilities at home and in the community.

An unexpected guest, Benjamin McCabe offers Valerie a joyful distraction from all that is happening around her. As their relationship deepens, she finds solace, comfort and a love that runs deep and pure. Unfortunately, her father's actions cause turmoil forcing Valerie to go into hiding and run for her life.

Can their love survive? Stop by your local books store and pick up a copy! ( )
  mrsrenee | Jul 7, 2010 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,697,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible