Pecan Pie Baby by Jacqueline Woodson

Pecan Pie Baby (edition 2010)

by Jacqueline Woodson, Sophie Blackall (Illustrator)

Member:akrause
Title:Pecan Pie Baby
Authors:Jacqueline Woodson
Other authors:Sophie Blackall (Illustrator)
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2010), Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:easy, family, African-American, k-3

Pecan Pie Baby by Jacqueline Woodson

I thought this was a cute story about a growing family. I really loved the diversity I saw in the artwork!!!
  KelseySchroeder | Apr 17, 2016 |
This was a great book about a girl who was going to be a big sister but was afraid of not having any attention anymore. All anyone talked about was the baby. ( )
  Lukemathison | Apr 4, 2016 |
A new addition to Gia’s family will be arriving soon, and she is not looking forward to it. Gia is a young girl who does not want change in her life and is tired of everyone talking about the “ding-dang baby”. She loves it just being her and her mother, and she feels when the baby comes her relationship with her mother will change. In the end, Gia learns that although things will be different, her mother will always love her just the same.

This is a book that older siblings can relate to. I am the youngest of my siblings, so I do not know the feeling of having a new sibling coming along. But just as Gia, my oldest sister was the only child for years, so she was not thrilled either when she heard she was going to be a big sister. This story shows the readers that change may be tough, but it is something we all have to experience. I loved the illustrations of this story, it complimented the text perfectly. The illustrations showed me the close bond Gia and her mother have. Overall, this is a beautiful story that I truly enjoyed! ( )
  hjaber | Mar 25, 2016 |
This picture book is a great reflection of a child that is expecting another sibling. Sometimes this is a concept that is very difficult for children to understand and think this book is a great resource for younger children! ( )
  Atroesch | Dec 8, 2015 |
realistic fiction, memory, new baby, worried, feelings, picture book, young child, family, siblings,
  Kassidy_Bailey | Dec 7, 2015 |

This book helps to understand how to welcome a new child to the family

When Mama's pregnancy draws attention away from Gia, she worries that the special bond they share will disappear forever once the baby is born.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,916,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible