Unseen (Outcast Season, #3) by Rachel Caine

Unseen (Outcast Season, #3) (edition 2011)

by Rachel Caine

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:Unseen (Outcast Season, #3)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:Roc (2011)

Unseen by Rachel Caine

Another mind-blowing installment of the Outcast Season! I absolutely loved how Ms Caine portrayed her characters in this book. I especially liked Cassiel's approach to Isabel's fears and their one on one time together. Esmeralda...the Snake Girl...was also a neat character. Scary, but part of me felt sorry for her. I really liked Isabel's reaction to Esmeralda. Instead of fear, or revulsion, Isabel identified with her pain and felt compassion for her losses. As angry as Isabel can get, that was an unexpected response. It made me feel hope that she will overcome the damage done to her spirit.

It's always interesting to see fictional characters wrestle with deeply emotional and realistic human issues. Not every author get's it right, but this book was great! You'll find some type of emotion riding alongside and between every incredible action scene in this book. I was elated when Luis and Cass finally got together. Talk about the feels! They're in a tough situation and I also understood how the differing opinions tore them apart, at least temporarily. Angst is tough to portray, but I liked it.

The overall arc of the series is moving along nicely. The plot of this book kept me guessing and I was floored by the reveal. Floored! I honestly didn't see it coming and I tend to be a fairly good guesser when it comes to picking the bad guy! Love it when the author stumps me! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | May 13, 2016 |
The third book allows for no breathing space for Cassiel and Luis. They are still fighting against Pearl and finding out that the wardens can't help them keep Ibby safe from Pearl and the damage that Pearl has done to the kids will kill them all. This book is mostly a buildup to the final battle that should happen in the next book so this is a series that needs to be read one right after another. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
It was good, I like Cass' story line more than the other weather warden series now. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
An apocalypse is coming. Exiled to live among humans, ex-Djinn Cassiel is doing her best to fend off the inevitable, but no matter what she does the situation doesn't seem to get better. And to make matters worse, the decisions she does make are at odds with her Warden lover's priorities.

Caine keeps the hits coming and the pages turning, that's for sure. ( )
  SunnySD | Jul 27, 2013 |
For some reason I was thinking this was the final book, so I was rather perturbed with the cliffhanger! Unlike the Weather Warden series, the books in this series don't stand on their own at all but are instead an installment in a loooong running story that just won't end. I'm enjoying the books, but getting tired of this. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |

After Cassiel, along with Warden Luis Rocha, rescues an adept child from a maniacal Djinn who is exploiting the powers of young Wardens, she must infiltrate the Djinn's organization, where her beliefs are called into question.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,735,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible