Yer 'arbourCrewsChinwaggin'Crow's nest

Click on yer miniature to sail to Google Books.

Unseen (Outcast Season, #3) by the dread…
Hauling away...

Unseen (Outcast Season, #3) (edition 2011)

by the dread pirate Rachel Caine

More o't' same stuff: Outcast Season (3)

CrewmatesArr! ReviewsPopulARRrityCrew sysMentions
Matey:MyBookishWays
Tome:Unseen (Outcast Season, #3)
Them scribblers:Rachel Caine
Pearls o' Wisdom:Roc (2011)
Piles o' Booty:Yer cargo
How ye liked it:
Pennons:Nought

Unseen by the scurvy dog Rachel Caine

Recently looted bykpevjen, Debbie97462, Lori.Slade, Glennis.LeBlanc, hidden library, camibrite, msantana1
Nought
  1. Unknown by the scurvy dog Rachel Caine (2010)
  2. Ill Wind by the scurvy dog Rachel Caine (2003)
  3. This Side of the Grave by the scurvy dog Jeaniene Frost (2011)
  4. Mercy Blade by the scurvy dog Faith Hunter (2011)
  5. Iron Crowned by the scurvy dog Richelle Mead (2011)
  1. Undone by the scurvy dog Rachel Caine (2009)
  2. Thorn Queen by the scurvy dog Richelle Mead (2009)
  3. River Marked by the scurvy dog Patricia Briggs (2011)
  4. Pack of Lies by the scurvy dog Laura Anne Gilman (2011)
  5. Pale Demon by the scurvy dog Kim Harrison (2011)

Nought.

Hauling away...

The third book allows for no breathing space for Cassiel and Luis. They are still fighting against Pearl and finding out that the wardens can't help them keep Ibby safe from Pearl and the damage that Pearl has done to the kids will kill them all. This book is mostly a buildup to the final battle that should happen in the next book so this is a series that needs to be read one right after another. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
It was good, I like Cass' story line more than the other weather warden series now. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
An apocalypse is coming. Exiled to live among humans, ex-Djinn Cassiel is doing her best to fend off the inevitable, but no matter what she does the situation doesn't seem to get better. And to make matters worse, the decisions she does make are at odds with her Warden lover's priorities.

Caine keeps the hits coming and the pages turning, that's for sure. ( )
  SunnySD | Jul 27, 2013 |
For some reason I was thinking this was the final book, so I was rather perturbed with the cliffhanger! Unlike the Weather Warden series, the books in this series don't stand on their own at all but are instead an installment in a loooong running story that just won't end. I'm enjoying the books, but getting tired of this. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
I have to admit, I go all fangirl when a new Rachel Caine arrives in my mailbox and Unseen is no exception. Set in the same world as the Weather Warden novels (another rockin' series, if you're into urban fantasy), Unseen is the third in the series featuring the ex-Djinn, Cassiel, and her human Warden, Luis. (Since this is the third in the series, there are some spoilers if you haven't read the prior novels.)

Cassiel is growing more comfortable in her human skin, experiencing emotions on a level she never felt as a Djinn, and actually growing to love the humans she's surrounded by. She's not entirely sure she likes this new compassion. It makes her vulnerable in ways she never was when she was a Djinn. This includes caring for and loving humans like little Ibby and, of course, Luis. However, she never loses her practicality and willingness to do what's necessary, no matter what the consequences might be (oh, and there are some serious consequences).

Speaking of that hot Weather Warden Luis, things are moving along quite swimmingly between Cass and Luis. As in, they're finally getting together-together. Oh, thank all that is good—the sexual tension between the two of them was about to kill me! Except, despite the ongoing tension and their every-growing feelings for each other, Luis's first priority is his niece, Ibby, and protecting her from the psychotic Djinn Pearl, and Cass's priority is stopping Pearl without offing all of humanity. While that seems like that would go hand-in-hand, it doesn't. Those crazy kids. I have faith they'll work it out, especially considering they really do care for one another and, despite their differences, they just have such a fantastic connection.

Added into the mix are Djinn from Cass's past: Rashid and Ashan. Rashid has always fascinated me, popping in unexpectedly, interfering in Cass's now-human life, and lending aid when least expected but most needed. Then disappearing. And then there's Ashan. If you've read any of the Weather Warden series, you're familiar with Ashan and his distain for human-kind. He's perfectly comfortable ordering Cassiel to wipe out the human race in order to stop Pearl and then turning Cass into a human as punishment when she refuses. So, when he pops up back on her radar, she's somewhat unsure how to deal with him, especially with all those new-to-her human emotions roiling around in her brain. I have the feeling we'll be seeing more of him in the very near future.

Rachel Caine seems to take inordinate pleasure in torturing her characters. She takes the writers' maxim of making characters' lives miserable to a higher level. I'm awed—and a little scared—every time I pick up a book to find out what torture is in store for the characters. Cassiel gets dumped on hard core. Characters die right and left (Just a little warning—don't get attached to anyone new. Most of them don't make it very long in the Outcast world.). Ibby grows up way too fast and is forced to make decisions no one under seven should ever have to make. Unseen is an action-packed, tension-filled story that will have you reading late into the night. ( )
  BookSwarm | Jul 13, 2011 |
no reviews | add yer opinyon
You must log in to change the stuff we be knowin'.
For more help see the stuff we be knowin' help page.
Series (with ordARR)
Information from th' English Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to th' Piratical one.
Wha most mateys call it
F'rst scribbled
Scallywags
Important ports
What's hap'n'in'
There be prizes!
Startin' out
What the sprogs be sayin'
Final flappin'
How these be diff'rent
Land lubbers
Original lingo

Tome description

No notes found; 'tis a mystery of the deep..

After Cassiel, along with Warden Luis Rocha, rescues an adept child from a maniacal Djinn who is exploiting the powers of young Wardens, she must infiltrate the Djinn's organization, where her beliefs are called into question.

Pillage Etomes Audio

PopulARR covers

How ye liked it

AvARRage: (3.83)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Yarr, is this ye?

Advice from old salts | The lowdown | Secluded cove / Rules o' engagement | Ship's log | Hoist us a signal | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Aye, 'tis the stuff we be knowin'! | Dead Men's Chests (Dead Wenches too) | Night watch | 92,794,211 tomes! | Top barrrrr: Always visible