Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic…

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel (edition 2010)

by Jane Austen, Seth Grahame-Smith, Tony Lee (Adapter), Cliff Richards (Illustrator)

2211952,606 (3.28)14
Title:Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel
Authors:Jane Austen
Other authors:Seth Grahame-Smith, Tony Lee (Adapter), Cliff Richards (Illustrator)
Info:Del Rey (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 176 pages
Tags:jane austen, adaptation, adult comic, young adult comic, classic, zombies, horror, parody, warriors, fighting, re-imagining, georgian period, regency novel

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel by Tony Lee (Adapter)

The novel in itself wasn't bad, but I was just hoping for color. Sometimes it was difficult to understand what was happening and the art work was a bit annoying in that way, but overall it was a fun read and I would recommend it. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Jul 23, 2016 |
I'm not done, but so far this is just the same P&P&Z story accompanied by a bunch of black and white unfinished sketches. Not impressed yet.

ETA: I'm finished. The same review holds true. The story is still good, but the graphic novel was nothing special.
I had a lot of trouble differentiating between the sisters, Charlotte and house guests. Everyone - save Jane - had the same hair color. I just had to keep reading and eventually hope I'd figure out who was speaking. Even a little bit of color in the panels would have been a drastic improvement. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
I can't believe how he destroyed one of the best books in the world! But it was fun to read as well! I'm not a fan of Zombies, but anything with "Jane Austen" on it is a must for me. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I tried to read this book and wanted to like it, but was quite disappointed. The illustrations weren't very good. Most of the Bennett sisters looked very similar and it was difficult to tell which character was supposed to be which. While I love a good retelling of a classic and am a fan of zombie apocalypses, this book missed the mark. ( )
  thealtereggo | Feb 26, 2016 |
If you’re a Janeite, or even if you’re not, I’m sure you know about the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies craze by now. I’m sure that many of these mashups were in development before PPZ and were released once it was known there was an audience, but many of them have not had the same success as the original. I’m one of the more accepting of the craze myself, but I still find myself rolling my eyes as more and more books join the fray. Having read this graphic novel adaptation of the work that started it all, it seems like an attempt to join in on the cash cow–one that doesn’t seem to have worked quite that well.
added by AustenBlog | editAustenBlog, Trai (Sep 9, 2010)

Lee, TonyAdapterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Richards, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Grahame-Smith, SethOriginal work authorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is the graphic novel adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It shouldn't be combined with the novel from which it was adapted.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345520688, Paperback)

It is known as “the strange plague,” and its unfortunate victims are referred to only as “unmentionables” or “dreadfuls.” All over England, the dead are rising again, and now even the daughters of Britain’s best families must devote their lives to mastering the deadly arts. Elizabeth Bennet is a fearsome warrior whose ability with a sword is matched only by her quick wit and even sharper tongue. But she faces her most formidable foe yet in the haughty, conceited, and somehow strangely attractive Mr. Darcy. As the two lovers meet in the ballroom and on the battlefield, they’ll soon learn that nothing—not even bands of ninjas, hordes of flesh-eating zombies, or disapproving aunts—can stop true love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:33 -0400)

A mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton--and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy.… (more)

75 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,768,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible