The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When…

The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far…

by Edward Klein

Choosing to make an informed choice about whom to elect as a Democratic candidate for President, I was quite dismayed to find that this book was nothing more than a collection of things most to hate about Hillary. Many of these I found offensive. I want to know who gave the author permission to publish personal health information (against HIPAA). I’d like to know what person wants his or her personal dirty laundry aired in a book and why the standard should be *higher* for a woman? This book is too full of speculation (such as what Hillary was thinking at particular moments) for me to think of it as anything other than a tirade against a person whom the author does not want to see in the White House leading our nation. I honestly fail to see the merit of a book that does not present anything positive about a person who does have some good ideas to help our nation. Did I read this entire book? Of course! To see to what depths of ridicule this author would go to keep Hillary out of the Presidential office. It’s a shame the author wasted his knack for writing to produce such a useless book.

Please refer to the following review by Media Matters. That about says it all.

By the way, I kept wondering the reason for the woman-bashing in this book. The author seemed to have good credentials until I read on Wikipedia that he was twice divorced. Is that telling of something? I don't know. ( )
  SqueakyChu | Apr 28, 2016 |
I bought this book in a used bookstore for $2. Probably I should have waited for a 50%-off sale. It's a very nearly worthless book.

The truth about Hillary? Well, she's ambitious, deceptive, self-centered, arrogant, absolutely determined to get her way, and probably lesbian. So? What else is new? I'm an ardent Democrat, and except for that last sneaky innuendo (with admittedly no proof), I would agree with those characterizations. Of course, aren't virtually all politicians ambitious, self-centered, and determined to get their way (or to get themselves elected)? And let's be candid: aren't they all somewhat deceptive on one level or another? But, of course, they aren't all women; they aren't all feminists; and they aren't all Bill Clinton's wife.

Now don't get me wrong. What is presented as a statement of fact in this book is probably always actuallly a statement of fact. But most of the "facts" are of the he-said/she-said variety. "In an interview with this writer, so-and-so said such-and-such." OK, they siad it; that's a fact. But what they said is hearsay, opinion, bias, a personal memory (therefore subject to personal interpretation),even downright rumor. "All of the White House staff were talking about . . . ." The Truth about Hillary? A more appropriate title would be An Opponent's Opinions about Hillary and How He Came to Them.

Of course,the book is also now hopelessly dated. I still wouldn't vote for Hillary for President. I still think her husband was a second-rate President. But why did I waste my time reading this subtle diatribe? Maybe Kitty Kelley, now that she's through with Oprah, can be persuaded to do the Clintons. Now that should give us some good new juicy gossip. Just what we need. More gossip about the Clintons.

Can't I say anything good about this work? Well, it's a quick read. And it's a superlative example of what pundits these days mean by "research."

Maybe twenty-five cents worth of "fact." ( )
2 vote bfrank | Apr 14, 2010 |
A filthy right-wing hack job, totteringly weak on documentation, worth reading only to raise one's blood pressure. ( )
1 vote pdgarrett48 | Jan 15, 2007 |
I have to say, that although the book was readable, and I did read it, nothing in it surprised me, only confirmed certain questions I had about the Senator. ( )
2 vote fauxcajun | Nov 12, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 064179164X, Hardcover)

Hillary Rodham Clinton is the most polarizing figure in American politics. Love her or hate her, everyone has a strong opinion about the former first lady turned senator who is almost certainly going to run for president in 2008. Despite more than a dozen years in the national spotlight and more than a dozen unauthorized books about her, she has managed to keep many secrets from the public especially about her turbulent marriage and its impact on her career. There have been plenty of rumors about what Hillary and Bill Clinton did behind closed doors, but never a definitive book that exposes the truth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:22 -0400)

Klein reveals the truth about a woman who has managed to keep much of her life private. Drawing from inside sources, he reveals a reality of Hillary's turbulent marriage and exposes what she and Bill have done behind closed doors. It also proves that Hillary has lied to America, even in her enomously successful Living History autobiography.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,255,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible