Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by…

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

2,226None2,887 (3.88)127
2008 (15) bands (36) breakups (21) coming of age (20) contemporary (18) dating (31) fiction (181) friendship (19) high school (17) love (77) made into movie (16) movie (14) music (242) New York (83) New York City (82) own (14) punk (41) punk rock (21) read (37) read in 2008 (14) realistic fiction (28) relationships (75) romance (157) teen (70) teen fiction (16) to-read (47) YA (166) young adult (193) young adult fiction (41) young adult literature (19)

I was worried about this book. The other book I read by Cohn and Levithan I didn't like. It's on my TBR because David Levithan is an author whose bibliography is one I'm determine to complete, since I love his writing so much. But I didn't like how juvenile Dash and Lily's Book of Dares was. This book was very different; much more vulgar. The vulgarity is the reason I rated it so low. Too many ‘fucks’ and ‘shits’ for my liking. It’s a very explicit young adult book, an adult young-adult book. But I did like it more than Cohn and Levithan’s other co-authored book. An easy five hours of listening. ( )
  Kassilem | Apr 9, 2014 |
I'm thinking David Levithan is my favorite author. He's books are always on my shelf and I never think to read them. And when I do it is the best surprise. This love story is fantastic and musical. People think the genre New Adult is new but Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is definitely New Adult. I did tire of the cursing, at first it was fun and shocking but then it began to feel trite and distracting. I will read Noami and Eli's No Kiss List next. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 5, 2014 |
I knew going into this book that I probably wasn't going to love it -- NYC and music are not two of my favorite things. In fact, it has been added to my short list of 'movies I liked better than the book". If you've seen the movie, then you have the basic plot line -- Nick and Norah are high school kids who run into each other at a club in NYC. Norah asks Nick to be her boyfriend for five minutes, and a night of crazy shenanigans evolves from there.
I found the teenagers to be fairly realistic -- albeit when I was in high school none of my friends would have ever been able to experience a night like these two teens did. That was one of the issues I had with this book -- what parents would let their teen run around NYC by themselves all night? I was a little skeptical about that bit. Some of the dialogue got irritating -- the constant whining about how everything sucks and I miss my ex girlfriend, it all sounded like a terrible emo song. The one redeeming bit was a reference to My So Called Life. That made me smile.
I enjoyed Dash and Lily's Book of Dares better, but I think I am done with books from this author duo. Entertaining, but not a whole lot else to be said. ( )
  | Mar 4, 2014 | edit |
What isn't to love? This book takes place in one night of the lives of bridge and tunnel teens. Really shallow teens... I honestly didn't like this book much. I find it disturbing that so many authors portray their female characters as moody, sporadic and perpetually confused. This book is no different. Nothing made me care about these characters, and nothing made me want to know anything more about their lives. All that said, I can see why teen girls would like this one. ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 28, 2014 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-d9
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-d9 ( )
  Saretta.L | Jan 3, 2014 |

Rachel Cohnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levithan, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Martha and Real Nick
The day begins in the middle of the night.
"Maybe that's it," I say gently. "With what you were talking about before. The world being broken. Maybe it isn't that we're supposed to find the pieces and put them back together. Maybe we're the pieces."
She doesn't reply, but I can tell she's listening carefully. I feel like I'm understanding something for the first time, even if I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.
"Maybe," I say, "what we're supposed to do is come together. That's how we stop the breaking."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584614X, Paperback)

NOW A MAJOR motion picture starring Michael Cera (Juno and Superbad) and Kat Dennings (The 40 Year-Old Virgin)! Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist is a comedy about two teens thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music. Nick frequents New York’s indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and Norah is questioning all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band’s secret show and ends up becoming the first date that could change both their lives.

From YA fan-favorites Rachel Cohn and David Levithan comes the story of Nick and Norah. This movie tie-in edition also includes an 8-page photo insert from the film, as well as a map of Manhattan, detailing all of the sites Nick and Norah go to on their all-night date.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:25 -0400)

High school student Nick O'Leary, member of a rock band, meets college-bound Norah Silverberg and asks her to be his girlfriend for five minutes in order to avoid his ex-sweetheart.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,488,390 books! | Top bar: Always visible