Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by…

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

I've wanted to read this for a while, because I wanted to watch the movie and you know I always prefer to read FIRST - but sadly I didn't like it any more than Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. It was a quick read, quite fun, quite amusing - but also 100% forgettable. As with Dash and Lily, there were some brilliant little moments and some profound lines in there, but it wasn't enough to redeem the book as a whole and I've already forgotten all but the bare basics. I'm glad I borrowed it from the library instead of shelling out for a copy of my own! ( )
  elliepotten | Oct 24, 2014 |
I was worried about this book. The other book I read by Cohn and Levithan I didn't like. It's on my TBR because David Levithan is an author whose bibliography is one I'm determine to complete, since I love his writing so much. But I didn't like how juvenile Dash and Lily's Book of Dares was. This book was very different; much more vulgar. The vulgarity is the reason I rated it so low. Too many ‘fucks’ and ‘shits’ for my liking. It’s a very explicit young adult book, an adult young-adult book. But I did like it more than Cohn and Levithan’s other co-authored book. An easy five hours of listening. ( )
  Kassilem | Apr 9, 2014 |
I'm thinking David Levithan is my favorite author. He's books are always on my shelf and I never think to read them. And when I do it is the best surprise. This love story is fantastic and musical. People think the genre New Adult is new but Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is definitely New Adult. I did tire of the cursing, at first it was fun and shocking but then it began to feel trite and distracting. I will read Noami and Eli's No Kiss List next. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 5, 2014 |
What isn't to love? This book takes place in one night of the lives of bridge and tunnel teens. Really shallow teens... I honestly didn't like this book much. I find it disturbing that so many authors portray their female characters as moody, sporadic and perpetually confused. This book is no different. Nothing made me care about these characters, and nothing made me want to know anything more about their lives. All that said, I can see why teen girls would like this one. ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 28, 2014 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-d9
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-d9 ( )
  Saretta.L | Jan 3, 2014 |

Rachel Cohnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levithan, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Martha and Real Nick
The day begins in the middle of the night.
"Maybe that's it," I say gently. "With what you were talking about before. The world being broken. Maybe it isn't that we're supposed to find the pieces and put them back together. Maybe we're the pieces."
She doesn't reply, but I can tell she's listening carefully. I feel like I'm understanding something for the first time, even if I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.
"Maybe," I say, "what we're supposed to do is come together. That's how we stop the breaking."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584614X, Paperback)

NOW A MAJOR motion picture starring Michael Cera (Juno and Superbad) and Kat Dennings (The 40 Year-Old Virgin)! Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist is a comedy about two teens thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music. Nick frequents New York’s indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and Norah is questioning all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band’s secret show and ends up becoming the first date that could change both their lives.

From YA fan-favorites Rachel Cohn and David Levithan comes the story of Nick and Norah. This movie tie-in edition also includes an 8-page photo insert from the film, as well as a map of Manhattan, detailing all of the sites Nick and Norah go to on their all-night date.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:25 -0400)

High school student Nick O'Leary, member of a rock band, meets college-bound Norah Silverberg and asks her to be his girlfriend for five minutes in order to avoid his ex-sweetheart.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible