Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by…

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

This wasn't a bad book, I just hated the extreme overuse of the f-word and some of the sexual references were too explicit for my tastes. However, the storyline was fun and I enjoyed the alternating perspectives of Norah and Nick as they told their story. This might be one of these rare times where the movie is better than the book!? For older teens only! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Better than the movie, no Michael Cera for starters. ( )
  Superenigmatix | Jan 16, 2016 |
Even though the book is very different from the movie, I liked them both very much. In a way, the book version was more positive and painted everyone in a better light (except Tal). I liked Tris way better in the book and even rooted for her. I can't say much else without spoilers but let's just say that a couple of themes that drove the tempo of the movie were completely absent in the book. Overall, I appreciated the "he said, she said" style of the story and for that, I was grateful the audio book had male and female narrators. ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
added by gsc55 | editShitzu Book Reviews (Jul 20, 2015)

Rachel Cohnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levithan, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Martha and Real Nick
The day begins in the middle of the night.
"Maybe that's it," I say gently. "With what you were talking about before. The world being broken. Maybe it isn't that we're supposed to find the pieces and put them back together. Maybe we're the pieces."
She doesn't reply, but I can tell she's listening carefully. I feel like I'm understanding something for the first time, even if I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.
"Maybe," I say, "what we're supposed to do is come together. That's how we stop the breaking."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584614X, Paperback)

NOW A MAJOR motion picture starring Michael Cera (Juno and Superbad) and Kat Dennings (The 40 Year-Old Virgin)! Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist is a comedy about two teens thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music. Nick frequents New York’s indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and Norah is questioning all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band’s secret show and ends up becoming the first date that could change both their lives.

From YA fan-favorites Rachel Cohn and David Levithan comes the story of Nick and Norah. This movie tie-in edition also includes an 8-page photo insert from the film, as well as a map of Manhattan, detailing all of the sites Nick and Norah go to on their all-night date.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:45 -0400)

High school student Nick O'Leary, member of a rock band, meets college-bound Norah Silverberg and asks her to be his girlfriend for five minutes in order to avoid his ex-sweetheart.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,050,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible