Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by…

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

I was worried about this book. The other book I read by Cohn and Levithan I didn't like. It's on my TBR because David Levithan is an author whose bibliography is one I'm determine to complete, since I love his writing so much. But I didn't like how juvenile Dash and Lily's Book of Dares was. This book was very different; much more vulgar. The vulgarity is the reason I rated it so low. Too many ‘fucks’ and ‘shits’ for my liking. It’s a very explicit young adult book, an adult young-adult book. But I did like it more than Cohn and Levithan’s other co-authored book. An easy five hours of listening. ( )
  Kassilem | Apr 9, 2014 |
I'm thinking David Levithan is my favorite author. He's books are always on my shelf and I never think to read them. And when I do it is the best surprise. This love story is fantastic and musical. People think the genre New Adult is new but Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is definitely New Adult. I did tire of the cursing, at first it was fun and shocking but then it began to feel trite and distracting. I will read Noami and Eli's No Kiss List next. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 5, 2014 |
What isn't to love? This book takes place in one night of the lives of bridge and tunnel teens. Really shallow teens... I honestly didn't like this book much. I find it disturbing that so many authors portray their female characters as moody, sporadic and perpetually confused. This book is no different. Nothing made me care about these characters, and nothing made me want to know anything more about their lives. All that said, I can see why teen girls would like this one. ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 28, 2014 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-d9
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-d9 ( )
  Saretta.L | Jan 3, 2014 |
Any teenager obsessed with music, especially those who tout their knowledge of anything cool in the music world over others, should be introduced to the title characters in Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Nick is a sensitive, talented Jersey boy who plays bass in a band, and Norah is the “frigid” privileged daughter of a music executive, whose own music snobbery is the only thing about her that is truly cruel (prepare to be insulted, fans of Patti Smith, the Beatles and Velvet Underground). Nick and Norah both carry with them extensive damage left by their exes, so much so that each even considered changing their college plans in the name of doomed love. They meet when Nick turns to Norah, a stranger, and asks her to be his five-minute girlfriend in order to avoid humiliation in front of his ex-girlfriend, and so their long, eventful night begins.
This reviewer is willing to admit that had she been of the right age when this book came out, she would have absolutely loved it. However, now that she is good and old, it was mostly insufferable. That is not to say that this Nick & Norah is unworthy of a recommendation; in fact, although the characters are highly unlikeable, they are very true to their teenage selves and will doubtlessly be found relatable by readers of a certain age. ( )
  ARQuay | Dec 11, 2013 |

Rachel Cohnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levithan, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Martha and Real Nick
The day begins in the middle of the night.
"Maybe that's it," I say gently. "With what you were talking about before. The world being broken. Maybe it isn't that we're supposed to find the pieces and put them back together. Maybe we're the pieces."
She doesn't reply, but I can tell she's listening carefully. I feel like I'm understanding something for the first time, even if I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.
"Maybe," I say, "what we're supposed to do is come together. That's how we stop the breaking."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584614X, Paperback)

NOW A MAJOR motion picture starring Michael Cera (Juno and Superbad) and Kat Dennings (The 40 Year-Old Virgin)! Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist is a comedy about two teens thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music. Nick frequents New York’s indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and Norah is questioning all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band’s secret show and ends up becoming the first date that could change both their lives.

From YA fan-favorites Rachel Cohn and David Levithan comes the story of Nick and Norah. This movie tie-in edition also includes an 8-page photo insert from the film, as well as a map of Manhattan, detailing all of the sites Nick and Norah go to on their all-night date.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:25 -0400)

High school student Nick O'Leary, member of a rock band, meets college-bound Norah Silverberg and asks her to be his girlfriend for five minutes in order to avoid his ex-sweetheart.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,404,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible