Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan

Priestess of the White (original 2005; edition 2012)

by Trudi Canavan (Author)

Member:Ygraine
Title:Priestess of the White
Authors:Trudi Canavan (Author)
Info:Orbit (2012), Edition: A Fmt
Collections:To read
Tags:Fiction, Speculative Fiction, Fantasy

Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan (2005)

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin (luciente)
    Feast of Souls by C. S. Friedman (tarnkamuh)
    tarnkamuh: spannende fantasystory um eine junge magierin, die versucht sich einen platz in einer welt zu erkämpfen, die unaufhaltsam auf einen krieg mit einer längst vergessen geglaubten bedrohung zusteuert! ähnlich fesselnd wie "das zeitalter der fünf"

English (16)  German (2)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  All (20)
An interesting start but for me this novel didn't really grab me or feel like the plot was moving. ( )
  kale.dyer | Dec 20, 2016 |
Try as I did, I just do not enjoy Trudi Canavans writing style. She is on a list for me of authors who have great stories, ideas, and worlds in their minds, but who cannot write them well.
I do enjoy the story she is trying to tell as there were so many great fantasy elements to it that I love; sorcery, new imaginative races, battles, magic, etc. However her writing just ended up distracting from those great things.
While she had new races, they all had the same characteristics of her humans. The best part of new races is that they would think, act, and feel different. Otherwise why have them? Authors like Tolkien, and Hayden, and Williams do this wonderfully.
I think if I had read this book years ago, I would have liked it better, before I had read some amazing other fantasy authors.
Overall a good fantasy story, but in no ways a great one. ( )
  Kiddboyblue | Jan 12, 2016 |
This book took me a long time to get through as I had a hard time getting used to only spending a short time with each plot before it would switch to what was going on with another set of characters. If only the Justice League guy had a "Meanwhile" that would play with each scene change. The general foreboding that permeates the series gets to be a bit much, and I just wish they'd get on with it already! Looking forward to the next book. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
A mature fantasy novel. See my review http://www.dnsmedia.co.uk/reviews/view/1159 ( )
  AnneHudson | Mar 2, 2013 |

Trudi Canavanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stone, SteveCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor Paul
Auraya stapte over de omgevallen boomstam heen terwijl ze angstvallig probeerde te vermijden dat krakende droge bladeren en twijgen haar aanwezigheid zouden verraden.
Auraya stepped over a fallen log, taking care that no crinkle of crushed leaves or snapping of twigs betrayed her presence.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060815701, Mass Market Paperback)

In a land on the brink of peace—watched jealously by a ruthless cult from across the sea and beset by hidden enemies—five extraordinary humans must serve as sword and shield of the Gods.

Auraya is one.

Her heroism saved a village from destruction; now Auraya has been named Priestess of the White. The limits of her unique talents must be tested in order to prove her worthy of the honor and grave responsibility awarded to her. But a perilous road lies ahead, fraught with pitfalls that will challenge the newest servant of the gods. An enduring friendship with a Dreamweaver—a member of an ancient outcast sect of sorcerer-healers—could destroy Auraya's future. And her destiny has set her in conflict with a powerful and mysterious, black-clad sorcerer with but a single purpose: the total annihilation of the White. And he is not alone . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:29 -0400)

Named Priestess of the White as a reward for saving a village from destruction, Auraya must confront a dangerous test of her unique talents in order to prove herself worthy of the honor and responsibility of the position, as her friendship with a Dreamweaver and her conflict with a powerful and mysterious sorcerer could destroy everything.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,232,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible