Chicken Big by Keith Graves

Chicken Big (edition 2010)

by Keith Graves

Member:seapuck
Title:Chicken Big
Authors:Keith Graves
Info:San Francisco : Chronicle Books, c2010.
Collections:Your library, Kindle, Read, Childrens Fiction
Tags:Animals, Chickens

Chicken Big by Keith Graves

I liked this book for a few different reasons. One reason that I liked the book was because I had heard the story of Chicken Little before and I was excited to see the adapted version of the story. Another thing that I liked about the story was the illustrations. I felt that these illustrations were not only essential to the story but also they enhanced the written text. I thought that it was nice for the reader to be able to see the size difference between the big chick and the other chickens and the coop. Another thing that I liked about the story was the written text. I really liked that the author not only included the spoken text from the characters, but he also included the inner thoughts from the big chick. I thought it added a lot to the story to see what the big chick was thinking while the other chickens made comments about him. In my opinion, the overall message of the story was to not judge a book by its cover because you never know what they will be like on the inside. ( )
  sradin2 | Nov 19, 2013 |
This book turns Chicken Little on its head. Is this the Big Red Hen as a child? Chicken Boo perhaps? ( )
  pussreboots | Aug 8, 2013 |
Clever take on the Chicken Little story. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
Chicken Big is a (you guessed it!) giant chicken. Throughout the book, the other chickens can't seem to figure out what he is ("he's an elephant!", "he's a sweater!"). The other chickens do not allow him in the coop until the very end when they find out that he is, in fact, a chicken.

I really loved the illustrations in this book and thought this book was cute! ( )
  bereneezypie | Apr 26, 2013 |
Chicken Big is a humungous chick born in an itty-bitty coop, on a teeny little farm, and the other (very small, definitely not too bright) chickens don't know what to make of him. Could he be an elephant? Definitely too big to be a chicken, anyway! Chicken Big protects them each time they panic about something, keeping them dry in the rain, for example (could he be an umbrella?). After he rescues their eggs from the fox, the chickens finally realize that “only one thing could be so smart, so kind, so warm, and so brave.... a chicken!” Winner of a 2011 E.B. White Read-Aloud Picture Book Honor Award, this is a fun story for preschool to grade two, who will enjoy the silly antics of the little chickens. ( )
  gail208 | Dec 5, 2012 |

A giant chicken hatches from an enormous egg, but the other chickens cannot accept that he is one of them.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,342,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible