Medicine Road by Charles de Lint

Medicine Road (2004)

by Charles de Lint

Series: Newford Stories (16)

I really enjoyed this. Twins Bess and Laurel are visiting Tucson to play a few gigs when they meet some people who are very connected to the spirit world. De Lint is excellent at mixing folklore (in this case Native American) with modern life. Having been to Tucson a couple times, this story really resonated with me - I was familiar with quite a few of the places he mentioned. If you're interested in folklore with a modern twist, check this out.

Also I realized after starting this that it's part of his Newford collection so Bess and Laurel have a backstory that I'm very interested in! ( )
  MillieHennessy | May 31, 2016 |
A wonderful blend of fantasy, romance, and spirituality, with myths from various cultures of the American West. This is a very unique book, and captured my attention throughout. It inspired me to read more of de Lint's writing. ( )
  angela1984 | Jul 16, 2009 |
A story about two of the Dillard sisters (Bess and Laurel), but also about some of the animal people and a deal that was made a century ago that allowed two born animals to become human. A lovely, lovely book, with illustrations by Charles Vess. And for an ARC, not that many errors! :-) I always love the stories about the animal people, the idea of them is so fascinating to me. ( )
  PirateJenny | Jul 16, 2006 |
I live in the area where this book takes place, and he captures the drama and the mystery of the Southwest admirably. Love the illustrations too. ( )
  glitterina | Jun 28, 2006 |

Charles de Lintprimary authorall editionscalculated
Vess, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
dedicated to
the memory of my father-in-law
John Roy Harris

he always did enjoy
a good road trip

CdL
One night, not so long ago, Changing Dog and Corn Hair met up in Sedona, Arizona to have a talk about an old bargain they'd made with Coyote Woman.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,764,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible