Last sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last sacrifice (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead

Member:EmScape
Title:Last sacrifice
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:New York : Razorbill, c2010.
Collections:All the Ebooks, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:fiction, young adult, paranormal, hardcover, read, read in 2012, have ebook

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

English (94)  German (1)  All languages (95)
I love this series. I'm so glad that Rose mostly got her happily ever after and that she and Dimitri finally got back together. Didn't see the murderer coming though! Really thought it was the obvious choice that ended up being ruled out at the last minute XD ( )
  RCW | Apr 8, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book, it's the conclusion for the series, but contained a lot of foreshadowing as to what to expect in Bloodlines. Richelle Mead has already stated that Jill will be a major character, as well as one of the love interests from Vampire Academy. Rose makes a choice between her love for Dimitri and Adrian, and the consequences of that choice are disturbing, so I am so glad that the author will not be leaving things as they are. So, enough about Rose's love life, since this was not the theme's priority, though I was surprised it wasn't.
The characters have always gone above and beyond out of loyalty and love, and Last Sacrifice is no different. This loyalty especially gives Lissa strength and courage to pursue and overcome obstacles and fears she is confronted with, on her quest to discover the real murderer of Tatiana. Of course, Lissa is not alone, and there are several minor characters that play a role in the story, with out them, I'm sure our girls would have found a way, but it would have been even more difficult. I want to be very careful not to spoil anything, so I can only say that there is one character metioned in past books, that returns and becomes a supporting character for Rose towards the end, and I loved this! Who really murdered Tatiana? I was on pins and needles till the moment Rose walked out to reveal his/hers identity. Up until that moment, I just knew it would not be who I thought it was all a long, so a nice touch of mystery!
There are also sobering moments of self forgiveness for Rose and Dimitri, especially Dimitri, since he can't forget the things he did as strigoi, especially towards Rose. Which I must say, I was glad there was an emphasis on this as well, since Dimitri was not my favorite person after Spirit Bound, but I loved him at the beginning of the series.
I couldn't give it 5 stars, there were a few parts that were a little choppy to me, but I did enjoy it and I recommennd the series to all paranormal fiction lovers, YA or Adult! And, I can't wait for Bloodlines! ( )
  sgcastellini | Feb 6, 2015 |
I was getting a bit bored of the series by the time I hit #4 but wanted to see things through so stuck with it and can now say I've finally reached the end. Limped there rather than ran the distance but I got closure so that's all that matters.

It's a good series but not one of my faves.

SilverThistle | Dec 31, 2014 |
The last volume of the series luckilz with less romantic whining than usual and a fair good investigation story. Of course at the end the overwhelming happy end is inevitable. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Aug 19, 2014 |
*makes drawn out whistle sound*, what a conclusion. The parts where Rose links to Lissa are much better done in this book than in Blood Promise, interesting as hell. Conclusion was......flawed, needed way more things cleared up, but I suspect that will happen in Bloodlines. Some of the mysteries included like the murderer and Lissa's sibling, one was easily figured out, the other sure as hell wasn't.

Spoiler Ahead!!!!
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​

Rose and Dimitri, hell yes! ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |

It all comes down to now.
Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice.
The Queen is dead and the Moroi world will never be the same. Now, with Rose awaiting wrongful execution and Lissa in a deadly struggle for the royal throne, the girls find themselves forced to rely upon enemies and to question those they thought they could trust...
But what if true freedom means sacrificing the most important thing of all?
Each other.

Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them. The final book in the Vampire Academy series.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,175,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible