Last sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last sacrifice (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead

Title:Last sacrifice
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:New York : Razorbill, c2010.
Collections:All the Ebooks, Your library
Tags:fiction, young adult, paranormal, hardcover, read, read in 2012, have ebook

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

English (98)  German (1)  All languages (99)
Started December 16th, 2013.
Just after finishing [b:Spirit Bound|6479259|Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)|Richelle Mead|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1291168967s/6479259.jpg|6670482]. After the cliff-hanger-ending of that book, I was eager to see how it would play out.
Politics, Rose on the run... Instant page-turner. And sadly, the last book in this series - although after that I have high hopes for [b:Bloodlines|8709527|Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)|Richelle Mead|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1297199431s/8709527.jpg|13582374] which is already on my Kindle PW.
Great ending for the series, acknowledging that a few people (friends of Rose) where wronged by her actions and also loose ends, not entirely knowing what became of them (Eddie). Also not a sweet, good ending, mourning the necessary killings and the unnecessary deaths which could not be prevented.
Also a good mix of action, romance, a few short sex-scenes and politics.
Mostly action. And some based on irresponsibly spur-of-moment-decsions from Rose.
A few twists and turns I did not see coming, and a killer I did not guess.
Having read the re-written first chapter from the spin-off Bloodlines series ( written from Adrians pov ), some fates will be revealed.
Very highly recommended! Page-turner, to be read instantly after [b:Spirit Bound|6479259|Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)|Richelle Mead|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1291168967s/6479259.jpg|6670482].
The main story concludes well and the 6 book series is finished to my satisfaction.
This is also a recommendation for the entire series!
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
I took a looooong break from this series and stopped at #5, just because a couple of the characters were driving me crazy! But in a good way. To me it's the mark of a good story when it brings a true emotional reaction out of the reader. I was very glad I finished the series and this book. It had a fabulously intense plot and kept me guessing about a lot of the mysterious parts until the end. Excellent read. :) ( )
  kirako | Oct 16, 2015 |
This series was everything a YA series about teenaged vampires should be. ( )
  BrookeAshley | Oct 11, 2015 |
I figured I would write my review for the entire series on the last book because most people who read The Last Sacrifice will have read the five prior books. I really cant decide how to rate this series. A 3? A 2? Ill admit, I read all 6 books in less than a week, and couldnt put them down. I read them at work, on the bus, at home..and even out with friends. I needed to learn what happened to Dimitri and Rose..Christian and Lissa..

However, as a whole the series also strikes me as a 1. I rate it as a 3 for readability and fascination, but 1 for plot holes, moronic main characters and selfishness.

Rose spends a lot of time chasing after Dimitri, and Lissa does too little to keep her relationship with Christian afloat. The whole saving Strigoi? What the hell? It was tacked on there, and apparently "forgotten" for generations. If it was really possible, Im sure that spirit users would have been coveted, not allowed to be forgotten. Jill's character was cardboardish, and another tack on for the plot to progress. She has no life outside the group, and when we first meet her you think shes much younger than she actually is. She idolizes Rose and her friends, and by the end its obvious they are going to use her.

The end Rose loses her connection to Lissa..which really just sucks. The whole book is about their connection and how they learn to handle it. Rose is Shadowkissed..so she is "special" in her own right. Now Rose is about the be a pawn for Queen Lissa's plans, just like Christian and Jill. The character that was at one time kind and sweet transforms into an untrustworthy woman.

And Rose? She cheats on Adrian. Regardless of her feelings for Dimitri, if you dont love someone dont fake it, and when you dump them dont give them BS reasons like "we just dont work as a couple". They worked fine, and their relationship was healthier than the one with Dimitri who was hot and cold for the entire series. The first book? Okay. But all through the series Dimitiri is trying to talk himself into being with Rose? No. In the end Rose should have been with neither, she didnt deserve the ending she got.

On top of all this? Rose doesnt care about anyone but herself and how her own circumstances are fairing. Adrian points this out, and then the whole topic is dropped. No one cares about how Jill will be used, Adrian's situation with his aunt dead, girlfriend dumping him and so on. AND we dont even find out about Sydney..

Sydney just disappears - off to be punished for helping Rose and Dimitri. We dont learn what Abe has on her, or really any of her personal story. Shes just tacked on and then forgotten when her usefulness fades.

I also hated the Harry Potter ideas of "magical schools" because they didnt put in any effort to tell us how humans dont accidentally learn about dhampirs and Moroi. Rationalization of how this society remained so secret with all these battles, psi hounds in the human world, Strigoi and so on..then again in Russia everyone know about Strigoi but in American no one knew about it. What. The. Hell.

In the end, the story had so much promise and perhaps there was meant to be a seventh book of the series? Too many loose ends, too many parts of the story that dont click together thoroughly..

AND NO ONE EVEN GIVES A CRAP ABOUT CHRISTIAN. His aunt is a "murderer" who will be executed(queen killers are executed, remember?)..and they do the whole Lissa is now Queen bit, but never say what happens to Tasha. And honestly, if I were Tasha, Id frame Rose too for murder. Oi. ( )
  trigstarom | Sep 19, 2015 |
I love this series. I'm so glad that Rose mostly got her happily ever after and that she and Dimitri finally got back together. Didn't see the murderer coming though! Really thought it was the obvious choice that ended up being ruled out at the last minute XD ( )
  RCW | Apr 8, 2015 |

It all comes down to now.
Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice.
The Queen is dead and the Moroi world will never be the same. Now, with Rose awaiting wrongful execution and Lissa in a deadly struggle for the royal throne, the girls find themselves forced to rely upon enemies and to question those they thought they could trust...
But what if true freedom means sacrificing the most important thing of all?
Each other.

Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them. The final book in the Vampire Academy series.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,872,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible