Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Tantalize (2007)

by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Series: Tantalize (1)

1,261919,613 (3.15)57

English (91)  French (1)  All languages (92)
There were things I guessed about this book, and things I didn't. The ending was not what I'd hoped for, but I suppose it had to go that way, maybe. There were a number of unanswered questions at the end though that do bother me, and I would have liked a bit more closure on them (without being too spoilery, what happened to everyone who ate the squirrel?) ( )
  t1bnotown | Jun 16, 2019 |
This was an interesting take on vampires in YA books. They are not sexy, brooding, bad boys who you can't help but fall in love with. They are good at disguising themselves and murder people and turn others into vampires against their will. I liked Quincie, she was self sufficient and brave. I totally ship her and Kieran. Her uncle was a shitty parent and I didn't like him. The story was quick and fun to listen to. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
slow to get into, but an ok story ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
I liked this book as it is a light and easy read. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
For those teens who liked Twilight. A bit more heat in the romance scenes than Twilight but a similar tone to the book. ( )
  add_dragon | Mar 26, 2016 |

Cynthia Leitich Smithprimary authorall editionscalculated
Guest, Kim MaiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"For Greg"
"Lousy idea, us sitting like that on the railroad tracks."

Quincie Morris has never felt more alone. Her parents are dead, and her hybrid-werewolf first love is threatening to embark on a rite of passage that will separate them forever. Then, as she and her uncle are about to unveil their hot vampire-themed restaurant, a brutal murder leaves them scrambling for a chef. Can Quincie transform their new hire into a culinary Dark Lord before opening night? Can he wow the crowd in his fake fangs, cheap cape, and red contact lenses — or is there more to this earnest face than meets the eye? As human and preternatural forces clash, a deadly love triangle forms, and the line between predator and prey begins to blur. Who’s playing whom? And how long can Quincie play along before she loses everything? TANTALIZE marks Cynthia Leitich Smith’s delicious debut as a preeminent author of dark fantasy.

Are you predator or prey?

CLASSIFIED ADS: RESTAURANTS
SANGUINI'S: A VERY RARE RESTAURANT IS HIRING A CHEF DE CUISINE. DINNERS ONLY.
APPLY IN PERSON BETWEEN 2:00 AND 4:00 PM.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:59 -0400)

When multiple murders in Austin, Texas, threaten the grand re-opening of her family's vampire-themed restaurant, seventeen-year-old, orphaned Quincie worries that her best friend-turned-love interest, Keiren, a werewolf-in-training, may be the prime suspect.… (more)

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763627917, 076364059X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,393,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible