We'll Always Have Summer

by Jenny Han

Series: Summer Series (3)

7554321,129 (4)12
The summer after her first year of college, Isobel "Belly" Conklin is faced with a choice between Jeremiah and Conrad Fisher, brothers she has always loved, when Jeremiah proposes marriage and Conrad confesses that he still loves her.

Hahahahahaha remember when I wrote my review of [b:It's Not Summer Without You|6584188|It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)|Jenny Han|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1479864019s/6584188.jpg|6777681] and I was like, "I hope the author doesn't ruin the last book of a trilogy?

Yep, she ruined it.

I mean, the bar wasn't super high to begin with, but as soon as we had the cheating* and the marriage that will miraculously fix the cheating I knew this was gonna be baaaad.

And then it was all Belly and Jere being immature and then finally everyone's secrets spill out and then all we get for an ending is that stupid epilogue. Seriously, I waited three whole books and that's all I get of Belly and Conrad . Ugh.

And that's the whole problem - all three main characters needed to grow tf up the whole way through the series and they never did . Don't just tell me that Belly and Conrad end up together after showing zero personal growth. I wanna see them earn this love! Because right now all I've seen is dysfunctional as shit.

Boo, Jenny Han.

And yet, I've already ordered the [b:To All the Boys I've Loved Before|15749186|To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)|Jenny Han|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1372086100s/15749186.jpg|21442106] series from the library so watch me jump into another (probably disappointing) Jenny Han series straight away!

*And was it really cheating? I mean, the whole "on a break" subplot of Friends was the worst-

-and this is basically that all over again. If you're broken up, he can sleep with someone else! But also, if you sleep with someone else days after breaking up, your ex is gonna be pissed!
  a-shelf-apart | Nov 19, 2019 |
All I can say is O! M! G!

May contain some spoilers

I started this book immediately after I finished It's Not Summer Without You, mostly because I just could not wait to see what happened. I had bought the last two books in this trilogy while in the middle of The Summer I Turned Pretty because I had a strong feeling I would want to finish this series..I still had some doubt about them because when I usually love a book more than expected, I tend to not be crazy about the next one and don't continue. There have been times, like this, that I have loved them all but lately, it's been more times that I didn't like them.

But, I digress

We'll Always Have Summer was...Wow... Yes, I had my suspicions because I read a few comments about the book and what some people thought and saw in the book and who they rooted for, but I tried to make myself believe they felt that way throughout the whole trilogy (and maybe they did)....

But, I can say, in this book, I can see why they felt this way.

I did cheat a bit and read the last 'paragraph' in the book and knew how it would end..but I wanted to know how it got there.

I can say that as the book went on, Jeremiah really began to work on my last nerve! I wanted to smack him so many daggone times throughout some of the book. His just total lack of interest in many things...I am a laid back person but sometimes, some take being laid back way too far! And Jeremiah did this many times..But oh, Conrad! The boy you loved to hate throughout the first two books..You began to love him in this one and I began to understand why so many rooted for him! I still liked Jeremiah to a degree but I began to see that he wasn't for Isabel/Belly. She needed someone who would challenge her.

But, when Conrad told Belly how he felt about her...I was kind of upset that he did it when he did..but glad that he did at the same time.

I can say that this is another book/trilogy I gave a chance because I am not really into contemporary..but this one has me wanting to look into other contemporary. Jenny Han's writing made you want to continue on in the books. It just flowed really well in my opinion. I had so much fun with this book. I enjoyed watching all of them actually mature throughout each book. Especially this one. You could see that, if this series had continued, or if they were actually real people, they'd become wonderful adults, parents, etc. Not perfect, but people who would work on who they were as people and do their best to do better in life. I would like to see one more book in this series just to see what they grow into as older adults, parents, etc.

This is a series that will probably stick with me for a long time and that I would recommend to any Y.A. Contemporary fiction lover. :-) ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Still not sure how I feel about the ending. ( )
  DKnight0918 | May 5, 2019 |
Great finale!!!

Perfection♡ ( )
  KimmyLola | Feb 4, 2019 |
I love it. Jenny did a wonderful job. I used to dislike chick lit but since I finished the "Summer" series I totally changed my perspective. These series are one of the most beautiful series ever. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

For my two Emilys:

Emily van Beek, you are my ambassador of quan

Emily Thomas Meehan, let's stay together forever

love, your girl
On Wednesday nights when I was little, my mom and I would watch old musicals.
It’s a known fact that in life, you can’t have everything. In my heart I knew I loved them both, as much as possible to love two people at the same time. Conrad and I were linked, we would always be linked. That wasn’t something I could do away with. I knew that now — that love wasn’t something you could erase, no matter how hard you tried.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,735,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible