It's Now or Never by Wendy Davy

It's Now or Never

by Wendy Davy

222,551,640 (4)2
Recently added byonyx95, mom2lnb

As the live-in nanny, Sara was becoming part of the family. With the hopes of making the situation more permanent, she set up a special birthday celebration dinner for Logan. When he showed up with his ex-wife and asked her to leave, she was afraid she had misread the recent flirtations.

Short story that could easily be made into a much better, much longer story. Even in the short amount of time the characters came through in a good way. I like these short stories, it gives a brief view of the writer and their style, and this one is worth it. I would be very interested in reading other books by this author. ( )
  onyx95 | Nov 17, 2010 |
It's Now or Never was a cute little e-book quickie about a nanny who has fallen for her employer, a theme that I usually like. I thought that Sara's reason for the urgency to reveal her feelings to Logan was a little weak. Even though her contract was about to expire, I couldn't imagine why Logan wouldn't want to keep her on, since she was obviously such a good child-care provider. She mentioned to her friend that she had to teach Logan how to be a father from scratch, and now he'd learned everything he needed to know. I just had a hard time with the idea of him initially being so ignorant as a parent, if his ex-wife was so completely uninvolved in their son's life. However, this bit was a very small part of the story that was really only used to set the stage. I don't usually expect too much from such a short novella, and otherwise, I enjoyed it. I liked the overall theme and the characters, and wouldn't have minded reading a longer book about them to find out how their relationship started and progressed. It's Now or Never was a sweet, tender little romance from The Wild Rose Press' inspirational imprint (White Rose), but since there was no overpowering religious element, I think mainstream readers could enjoy it too. It gave me a nice taste of the author's writing style (which I liked), so I'll be interested in trying something else by Wendy Davy in the future. It's Now or Never is available as a free download from White Rose Publishing. ( )
  mom2lnb | May 13, 2010 |
“I’m going to tell him tonight over dinner,” Sara confessed, trying to keep her hands from shaking as she paced across the tiled kitchen floor.

Time is running out for Sara. When her contract is over, so is her time with the man she loves. Will she have the courage to go through with her plans to confess her love for Logan before it’s too late?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,365,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible