No Place to Run by Maya Banks

No Place to Run

by Maya Banks

Series: KGI Novels (2)

3582046,300 (4.1)2

This is the first book I have read in the series. I love it! I had a hard time putting it down. Soph and Sam make a cute and loving couple. I was happy to read that they made it through to the end. I can't wait to read about the rest of the brothers and KGI. Purrrrrr! ( )
  RobinCripps | Jul 12, 2019 |
After an affair where neither of them were very honest, they come together to protect Sophie and her baby from her family, even though trust is an issue.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Love love loved this book! ( )
  KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |
No Place to Run
4 Stars

Synopsis
Pregnant and on the run, Sophie Lundgren has no one to turn to except her baby's father, Sam Kelly. Following a short and intense affair while undercover, Same never expected to see Sophie again until she resurfaces with a dire warning that he is in danger. In order to neutralize the threat, Sam and Sophie must put aside their suspicions and learn to trust each other before it is too late.

Review
Vast improvement on book #1 both in terms of characterization and plot.

Sophie is an amazing heroine - courageous, resourceful and self-sacrificing. It is impossible not to respect and admire her. She doesn't take any crap from anyone and kicks butt even at 5 months pregnant.

Same is a captivating hero - a strong leader, loyal brother, loving son and protective lover. His scenes with Sophie are a mix of scorching hot and achingly tender, and his reactions to impending fatherhood are one of the highlights of the book.

The conflict between Sam and Sophie is based on issues of trust and while this is usually a plot device that grates on me, it is very well done here as it is consistent with both Sam and Sophie's characterization and the circumstances they find themselves in.

Although the plot is not the most original, it is suspenseful and the action scenes are well written and exciting. The twist at the end is a bit predictable but the climax and resolution are very satisfying.

The secondary characters are fantastic and I'm looking forward to reading Garrett's book - there is something tortured about this stoney faced Kelly brother. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
This was a great read. I'm so glad I found not only this author but this series! Can't wait to finish it and for more to come! ( )
  TiffanyCutshall | Dec 28, 2017 |

Maya Banksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Berkeley, HarryReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Betzenbichler, RichardÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Books, RecordedPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
A big thank-you to:
Kim Whalen, my biggest cheerleader and advocate.
Cindy Hwang, for her support of this series
and for believing I could do it
when I didn't think I could pull it off.
Valerie and Lillie, for always being willing
to drop everything at a moment's notice for me.
He was waiting for her as soon as she opened the door to his hotel room.

The last person Sam Kelly expected to save was Sophie Lundgren. Once they shared a brief, intense affair while Sam was undercover and then she vanished. She's spent the last few months on the run, knowing that any mistake would cost her both her life and that of their unborn child. Now she's resurfaced with a warning for Sam: this time, he's the one in danger.

"The last person Sam Kelly expected to pull wounded from the lake was Sophie Lundgren. Once they had shared a brief, intense affair while Sam was undercover, and then she vanished. She's spent the last five months on the run, knowing that any mistake would cost her life and that of her unborn child -- Sam's child. Now she's resurfaced with a warning for Sam: This time, he's the one in danger"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,389,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible