The High King's Tomb: Book Three of…

The High King's Tomb: Book Three of Green Rider (edition 2009)

by Kristen Britain

Member:tealLibromancer
Title:The High King's Tomb: Book Three of Green Rider
Authors:Kristen Britain
Info:DAW (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 656 pages
Rating:***

The High King’s Tomb by Kristen Britain

English (19)  Swedish (2)  All languages (21)
5 out of 5 as always!!!!!!!! I love love love love the Green Rider series and I can NOT wait to read book 4! ( )
  ReadingwithLynn | Sep 25, 2018 |
Absolutely the usual from this series: adventure, interweaving plots, and Karigan being a total badass. (Also unfortunately the usual, annoying romantic subplots that are really distracting and unnecessary, and the way Karigan deals with them seems counter to the rest of her personality and character that Britain has set up). ( )
  Ely.sium | Sep 20, 2018 |
The third part in this epic series and one that really demonstrates when an author's ideas allow the series to not only grow but expand in an organic pace so that the reader is not only satisfied with what they get, but that they know that things won't be rushed or quickly packed up in a neat little bow in the final few pages.

What Kristen does in this title is allow the world to expand, generates new characters to help replace not only those who have been lost but fulfil some of the gaps and also brings great pace as well as dialogue to the series that has been a pure joy to read. Back this up with a great overall plot, some wonderful sleight of hand and a whole host of wicked twists and the reader really has a treat in store. ( )
  Jawin | Apr 13, 2018 |
well, this is turning into a series. A VERY good series to! This deals with King Zachary and more remnants of the Second Empire. An old woman, a necromancer awakened by Mornhavon's awakening, plans the kidnapping of Estoria, Zachary's bride to be. This is simply a diversion to allow the Second Empire to use black magic to take down the Deyer Wall. This book focuses on the wall. Alton plays a big part. Find out the history of the land and what happened after Mornhavon's defeat. I really am looking forward to the rest of this series.

Update-this series was finally updated to book 4 in 2011. And it is a cliffhanger as well. I can no longer recommend this series based upon book 4 [and probably 5, 6 and 7, sigh.] ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is the third book in the Green Rider series and even though it ended well in the last one, things are yet to be resolved.

The enemy is defeated, and yet he is not. Karigan is in love with the king and he loves her, but this fairy tale can get no happy ending and he is to be married. Which breaks my heart because they love each other and should be able to be together. But I liked her strength as she stays away, her sense of duty and honor is strong.

This book is about Karigan and a new rider being sent away to find something to save the D'Yer wall. We also learn a bit more about her rider gift. Then there is the story of Grandmother, an evil woman who is hiding with followers of the Second Empire. A bunch of evil idiots who wants to take over the country. And last the story of Alton and Dale who is trying to save the D'Yer wall, because for it to fall would mean that the darkness behind will escape. As for the characters, Grandmother is a good bad guy since she believes everything she does is good, and those are always the scariest. Karigan is good as always and I mourn her loss when she is not allowed to be with the one she loves. Then we got the usual baddies and good people trying to do their best in a world in turmoil.

And as the book ends I have no idea what will happen next, and I can't wait to read the next part. What will happen? And most of all, will she be happy? Because I do want happy even if that means not being with the one you loved first.

Conclusion:
An adventurous third part in this saga and I am looking forward to reading more. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |

Kristen Britainprimary authorall editionscalculated
Archer, EllenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Giancola, DonatoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In memory of Batwing

my nasty boy, my true miracle

for whom reams could be written

about the power to love

and the will to live,

—and—

In memory of Earl Grey

my sweet boy and manuscript cozy

a bright spirit

who shone so brilliantly

for too short a time.

I miss you, boys. I really miss you.
In the autumn season, hawks, falcons, and eagles followed an ancient path through the sky on their journey south for the winter, the same path their ancestors had flown since the first took wing in ages long dark to memory.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0756405882, Mass Market Paperback)

or Karigan G'ladheon, the call of magic in her blood is too strong to resist. Karigan returns to the Green Riders, the magical messengers of the king, to find she's badly needed. Rider magic has become unstable, many Riders have been lost, and the Rider corps is seriously threatened. The timing couldn't be worse. An ancient evil, long dormant, has reawakened, and the world is in peril. Karigan must face deadly danger and complex magic to save the kingdom from certain doom.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:27 -0400)

Karigan G'ladheon returns to the Green Riders, the magical messengers of the king, who desperately need her help in defeating an ancient evil, long dormant, that has just reawakened, determined to destroy the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,506,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible