Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration…

Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family…

by Father Leo Patalinghug

Love Fr. Leo's message AND his recipes! Everything has been a hit so far. We especially like the Pancit, Champagne Pot Roast, and Old Bay and Beer Shrimp.

The readings that go along with each menu are thoughtful and concise. We have used the discussion questions as well and enjoyed thinking about the issues presented. My husband really likes the organization which goes along with the calendar and liturgical year.

I only gave 4.5 stars because the print is a little small for me to read and I found one editing mistake (although I can't remember what it is...something minor!). ( )
  effulgent7 | Oct 27, 2010 |

With just a few ingredients and a few hours of time, your kitchen can become the perfect setting not only for a delicious meal but for experiencing the greatest blessings in life.
In Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life, Father Leo Patalinghug (yes, the same Father Leo who defeated Bobby Flay on Throwdown!) helps you make family meals a way of life. Combining more than 30 simple but delicious recipes related to personal milestones, family holidays, and faith observances, along with scriptural references and short essays offering wisdom on faith, values, and family togetherness, Father Leo shows that mealtime is the perfect setting for discussing the major issues all families face. In fact, research shows that frequent family dinners can reduce many risks facing children, including drug and alcohol abuse, teen pregnancy, depression, eating disorders, and poor academic performance. These are meals that nourish body and spirit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:01 -0400)

"With just a few ingredients and a few hours, your kitchen can become the perfect setting for engaging family conversations and an ideal place to find the greatest blessings in life..."--P.[4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,850,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible