Bloodshot by Cherie Priest

English (47)  Italian (1)  All languages (48)
Raylene is a thief who happens to be a vampire, and that's just the beginning of the unusual cast that peoples Bloodshot. Add in two runaways who live in her building (one obnoxious, one adorable), one blind vampire client, and one ex-Marine drag queen, and there's most of them.

This is one of my favorite urban fantasy series, up there with those by Seanan McGuire and Tanya Huff. Priest is a great author and weaves a thoroughly enjoyable story around this odd cast. ( )
  bluesalamanders | Aug 2, 2015 |
I must admit, the blurb for Bloodshot didn’t do much for me, but I decided to give it a chance anyway and read the first few pages. Raylene’s narration pulled me in immediately. Although Raylene gets caught an awful lot for a supposedly world-class thief, I have to love a vampire who, instead of being all suave, suffers from panic attacks and paranoia. I also enjoyed the supporting characters, Ian, Domino (aka. “the little shit”), Pepper, and of course, ex-Navy SEAL/drag queen Adrian. Overall, some parts are a tad slow, but Bloodshot is just the kind of fun, light-hearted entertainment I was in the mood for. ( )
  les121 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Bloodshot is an urban fantasy novel. It was a quick read and great as a beach book. ( )
  ladyoflorien | Aug 15, 2014 |
One of the best opening lines of a book! Fun story! ( )
  margarita.gakis | Jul 17, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. When I finished it, I immediately did a search to see if there was another in the series, or at least with the same characters. It is uncommon that I enjoy a book enough that I will seek out others by the same author rather than continue through my current reading list...so that might be 'nuff said.

Naw... I'll add more. The main character is strong and independent and non-whiny (nice change for female leads in urban fantasy) and while there are men in the story, she is not dependent on them being around to save her. There are some decent supporting characters - none of which are stereotypical. In fact, it is almost like Priest thought about what *would* be stereotypical in this genre, and twisted them to something else completely.

The ending was not as resolved as I would have liked it to be, but it was not a cliff-hanger, and, of course, it is book one (of two at the moment)... so I suppose there has to be something to resolve to warrant book 2. And I will go out now and get it! ( )
  crazybatcow | Jun 22, 2014 |
You wouldn't believe the weird shit people pay me to steal.

Raylene Pendle (AKA Cheshire Red), a vampire and world-renowned thief, doesn’t usually hang with her own kind. She’s too busy stealing priceless art and rare jewels. But when the infuriatingly charming Ian Stott asks for help, Raylene finds him impossible to resist - even though Ian doesn’t want precious artifacts. He wants her to retrieve missing government files: documents that deal with the secret biological experiments that left Ian blind. What Raylene doesn’t bargain for is a case that takes her from the frozen outskirts of Minneapolis to the mean streets of Atlanta. And with a psychotic, power-hungry scientist on her trail, a kick-ass drag queen on her side, and Men in Black popping up at the most inconvenient moments, the case proves to be one hell of a ride.

When blind vampire Ian Stott hires thief Raylene Pendle to steal medical documents that may help restore his sight, Raylene learns about Bloodshot, a government-sanctioned project that involved performing cruel experiments on vampires. With the proverbial men in black closing in on her, Raylene follows the Bloodshot document trail from Seattle to Atlanta, where she teams up with a deadly drag queen whose sister was one of the project's victims.… (more)

64 wanted4 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,046,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible