All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
115None104,439 (3.58)None
    Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (sandstone78)
    sandstone78: All Just Glass is the direct sequel to Shattered Mirror.

Hooray, a sequel to Shattered Mirror! I was very excited when I saw this book, and interested in finding out what happened next. While the end of Shattered Mirror did seem pretty complete, the fact that everything wasn't okay and fine really drove this book. Aside from the fact that there were ten years between the books, All Just Glass picks up immediately after the first book and the adrenaline does not let up. I loved that there was a further explanation about the witches' lines and how they work together. While I didn't think Kristopher and Nikolas were as fully defined characters this time, I did like how they tried to help Sara deal with her situation. The ending, again, was open-ended, with room to explore more of this conflict. (Although it did seem a little obvious, what with the Wicked reference, slight spoiler.) I also didn't like the quick explanation of Dominique's "wild child" past- I think it would have been more effective if it had been touched on in an earlier book. Still, cannot wait to read what comes next! ( )
  princess-starr | Mar 31, 2013 |
Kirkus Reviews
This sequel toShattered Mirror(2001) in the Den of Shadows series continues the story of the Vida witch clan and their mortal enemies: vampires. Fans of vampire fiction will find what they crave here, although those who have not read the earlier book also may find abundant confusion, as the author assumes knowledge of the previous book and its complicated structure of relationships and loyalties. This story's heroine, Adianna (Adia) Vida, has taken a solemn oath—at their mother's behest—to kill her younger sister, Sarah, who has become an apparently unrepentant vampire, and now she must rally the clan to pursue Sarah. The posse of witches that agrees to join the hunt turns out to be far from the dedicated and disciplined crowd that the text describes. It falls apart at nearly every point. Sarah, the story's alternate heroine, may not be quite as dead or as evil as her family supposes. Characters from the earlier book also may not be as they seem. What is certain is that devotees of the series will find plenty of vampiric lore and gore. Goth entertainment
  EBurggraf | Aug 28, 2012 |
Not as bad as I thought it would be. Love the cover. ( )
  fourheadjen | Mar 12, 2012 |
This book was not nearly as good as Atwater-Rhodes' early works. It moved entirely too slowly and I couldn't get myself to care about the characters. The premise of the story is interesting, however, which is the reason that I continued to read it. ( )
  eheinlen | Aug 30, 2011 |
Very interesting addition to the Den of Shadows, but not as enjoyable as the previous novels in the series. I still thought it was very entertaining and the vampire/witch aspect was intriguing. Characters were well-developed and plot was well thought out. The twenty-four hour format was kind of rushed but interesting. ( )
  Allizabeth | Jul 17, 2011 |

Turned into a vampire by the boy she thought she loved, seventeen-year-old Sarah, daughter of a powerful line of vampire-hunting witches, is now hunted by her older sister Adia, who has been given the assignment to kill Sarah.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible