Pathfinder (Pathfinder Trilogy) by Orson…

Pathfinder (Pathfinder Trilogy) (edition 2011)

by Orson Scott Card

Info:Simon Pulse (2011), Paperback, 672 pages
Rating:*1/2
Tags:fiction, science fiction

Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card

Another great book. One of my favorite authors. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Jan 15, 2016 |
I loved the book. It has a unique plot, great setup, good character development. My only criticism is the ending, I want a nice wrap up before the next book, not cliffhangers! ( )
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
Thirteen-year-old Rigg has a secret ability to see the paths of others' pasts, but revelations after his father's death set him on a dangerous quest that brings new threats from those who would either control his destiny or kill him.
  lkmuir | Dec 8, 2015 |
Rigg lives in a small country town with his father trapping animals to survive. They spend hours in the woods with his father teaching him languages, diplomacy, how to use his powers to track paths and survival, until his father dies. Then Rigg tries to save a young boy from going over a waterfall and has to flee town in a hurry. He and Umbo, brother of the dead child start on a journey with instructions left by his father to the city where Rigg will get ahold of his wealth. As they journey they find much more then they bargained for.

This was a really interesting book even though it took me forever to get through. Rigg is an intriguing and likable character. I also liked being able to learn what happened in the past and being able to figure out exactly what happened and how the world got to be the way it was. The scientific concepts were interesting and sometimes they took a little bit of time for me to grasp but they weren't so complicated that I gave up. The world building was pretty incredible and I liked that it was such an integral part of the plot so I didn't feel as though it was wasting time. I really enjoyed this which is pretty amazing cause I am not normally such a scyfy fan. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Orson Scott Cardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brick, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Heyborne, KirbyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The librarians themselves lived in the attics above the stacks of books.

Acclaimed science fiction master Orson Scott Card makes his teen debut with this riveting original series!
From the internationally bestselling author who brought us Ender’s Game, a brand-new series that instantly draws readers into the dystopian world of Rigg, a teenager who possesses a secret talent that allows him to see the paths of people’s pasts. Rigg’s only confidant is his father, whose sudden death leaves Rigg completely alone, aside from a sister he’s never met. But a chance encounter with Umbo, another teen with a special talent, reveals a startling new aspect to Rigg’s abilities, compelling him to reevaluate everything he’s ever known. Rigg and Umbo join forces and embark on a quest to find Rigg’s sister and discover the true depth and significance of their powers. Because although the pair can change the past, the future is anything but certain….

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 141699176X, Hardcover)

A powerful secret. A dangerous path.

Rigg is well trained at keeping secrets. Only his father knows the truth about Rigg's strange talent for seeing the paths of people's pasts. But when his father dies, Rigg is stunned to learn just how many secrets Father had kept from him--secrets about Rigg's own past, his identity, and his destiny. And when Rigg discovers that he has the power not only to see the past, but also to change it, his future suddenly becomes anything but certain.

Rigg’s birthright sets him on a path that leaves him caught between two factions, one that wants him crowned and one that wants him dead. He will be forced to question everything he thinks he knows, choose who to trust, and push the limits of his talent…or forfeit control of his destiny.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:56 -0400)

122 wanted3 pay10 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,052,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible