Pathfinder (Pathfinder Trilogy) by Orson…

Pathfinder (Pathfinder Trilogy) (edition 2011)

by Orson Scott Card

Info:Simon Pulse (2011), Paperback, 672 pages
Rating:*1/2
Tags:fiction, science fiction

Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card

Although it is somewhat necessary, Card spends too much time making his characters discuss the time paradox. This makes the story a slower pace than it ought to be ( )
  marielreads | Jun 20, 2014 |
Orson Scott Card always amazes me with his ability to build worlds. This novel is as wonderful as his many others.

What do you write about books like these? It is science fiction. It is a different society. There are fantasy elements. The truth is revealed slowly as the protagonist journeys to find his parents. But none of this says much and I hate giving anything away.

I don't read reviews until I have read the book. The most innocent comment is enough to ensure I have guessed plot twists long before I would have enjoyed seeing them revealed. So I don't like to write things on my reviews that might spoil the enjoyment and discovery of the story.

Good book. ( )
  alsocass | Oct 12, 2013 |
Absorbing, and a good listen for the road.
  2wonderY | Jul 8, 2013 |
I loved the book. It has a unique plot, great setup, good character development. My only criticism is the ending, I want a nice wrap up before the next book, not cliffhangers! ( )
  yonitdm | Jun 23, 2013 |
Clever. Well-crafted. Expertly told. Thank you Mr. Card for another grand adventure. ( )
  chndlrs | May 28, 2013 |

Orson Scott Cardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brick, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Heyborne, KirbyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The librarians themselves lived in the attics above the stacks of books.

Acclaimed science fiction master Orson Scott Card makes his teen debut with this riveting original series!
From the internationally bestselling author who brought us Ender’s Game, a brand-new series that instantly draws readers into the dystopian world of Rigg, a teenager who possesses a secret talent that allows him to see the paths of people’s pasts. Rigg’s only confidant is his father, whose sudden death leaves Rigg completely alone, aside from a sister he’s never met. But a chance encounter with Umbo, another teen with a special talent, reveals a startling new aspect to Rigg’s abilities, compelling him to reevaluate everything he’s ever known. Rigg and Umbo join forces and embark on a quest to find Rigg’s sister and discover the true depth and significance of their powers. Because although the pair can change the past, the future is anything but certain….

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 141699176X, Hardcover)

A powerful secret. A dangerous path.

Rigg is well trained at keeping secrets. Only his father knows the truth about Rigg's strange talent for seeing the paths of people's pasts. But when his father dies, Rigg is stunned to learn just how many secrets Father had kept from him--secrets about Rigg's own past, his identity, and his destiny. And when Rigg discovers that he has the power not only to see the past, but also to change it, his future suddenly becomes anything but certain.

Rigg’s birthright sets him on a path that leaves him caught between two factions, one that wants him crowned and one that wants him dead. He will be forced to question everything he thinks he knows, choose who to trust, and push the limits of his talent…or forfeit control of his destiny.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:15 -0400)

Thirteen-year-old Rigg has a secret ability to see the paths of others' pasts, but revelations after his father's death set him on a dangerous quest that brings new threats from those who would either control his destiny or kill him.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,822,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible