Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Low Red Moon (edition 2010)

by Ivy Devlin

1944560,720 (3.25)4
Member:stillTrouble
Title:Low Red Moon
Authors:Ivy Devlin
Info:Bloomsbury USA Childrens (2010), Hardcover, 256 pages

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

I really liked this one. I love stories about fantasy creatures. Werewolves included.

The cover caught my eye immediately and I just couldn't put it down. I needed to have this book. I also love the little hints of read through out the novel. Every time the word 'moon' is on the page it is printed in red. Such a small detail, but I loved it.

I love when book start off with a death. It just sets the mood for the whole novel. Love it! And don't forget the love between beauty and beast. Classic and predictable, but I like it all the same. I'm a sucker for a fantasy romance. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
This book was too short. Avery watched her parents get brutally murdered, and she can't remember anything that happened. Now she is living with Renee, a grandmother she has avoided for many years and trying to adjust to living in town. There is also Ben, who she feels strongly connected to.

I did like the story and I loved learning about Avery. She was a very interesting character and I liked seeing how her nontraditional upbringing had made her stronger. There was a great twist and I would never have figured out the ending. I also really liked Renee.

What disappointed me about the story was that there was no character development for Ben. I understand who he is and how he got to the town and his connection to Avery; but really we don't know anything else about him or what kind of person he is. Just that he has had a difficult life and has a strong connection to Avery. There were also a few parts of the story that could have been better developed. I would have loved to understand more about what Ben and Louis were and I would also have loved to have a better understanding regarding Avery's connection to the forest. Hopefully the author will write a sequel that goes a little bit more in depth into these matters. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
I was covered in blood when the police found me.

The only thing Avery Hood can remember about the night her parents died is that she saw silver—deadly silver, moving inhumanly fast. As much as she wants to remember who killed them, she can't, and there's nothing left to do but try to piece her life back together. Then Avery meets the new boy in school—Ben, mysterious and beautiful, with whom she feels a connection like nothing she's ever experienced. When Ben reveals he's a werewolf, Avery still trusts him—at first. Then she sees that sometimes his eyes flash inhuman silver. And she learns that she's not the only one who can't remember the night her parents died.Part murder mystery, part grief narrative, and part heart-stopping, headlong romance, Low Red Moon is a must-read for teen paranormal fans. As breathless as Twilight and as spooky as Shiver, this is a book to be devoured in one sitting—by an acclaimed YA author making her paranormal debut under the pseudonym Ivy Devlin.

Seventeen-year-old Avery can remember nothing to explain her parents' violent death in the woods where they live, but after meeting Ben, a mysterious new neighbor, she begins to believe some of the stories she has heard about creatures of the forest.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,187,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible