America by Heart : Reflections on Family,…

America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Sarah Palin

Member:eliorajoy
Title:America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
Authors:Sarah Palin
Info:Harper (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:****1/2
Tags:God, America, Founding Fathers, family

America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag by Sarah Palin (2010)

I finally got mine autographed!

KidSisyphus | Apr 5, 2013 |

Now , if the Tea Party would be this cute. ( )
  Praj05 | Apr 5, 2013 |
Great book on American conservative values and their clash with the present liberal agenda. Rekindles the hope of what can be if another leader in the likeness of Ronald Reagan can reclaim the White House. ( )
  parapreacher | Mar 12, 2013 |
I enjoyed this book which was more like an essay on America than an autobiography. ( I read a biography last February, but wish I had read "Going Rogue," her autobiography instead.) Since I bought this at the Dollar Tree I didn't feel I had much to lose. It certainly made up for all the duds I got there. I pretty much agreed with everything she had to say. ( )
  eliorajoy | Nov 26, 2012 |
I must admit, I didn't finish this book. Not that I don't like Sarah Palin. Not that this isn't a thoughtful book, or even that is not well written. It isn't even that it is uninspiring. I just felt this book is better geared towards the new conservative or those unfamiliar with Palin's political philosophy. ( )
  HistReader | Jan 19, 2012 |
Palin's prose is fluid, quite unlike the fractured syntax common at her unscripted public appearances, a total reboot that suggests an excellent ghostwriter.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0062010964, Hardcover)

Product Description

This is my America, from my heart, and by my heart. I give it now to my children and grandchildren, and to yours, so they will always know what it was like in America when people were free.

Since the publication of her bestselling memoir, Going Rogue, in 2009, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has traveled the country extensively. She has visited cities and towns in almost every state, dropped in on military bases, given talks and speeches to small groups and at massive rallies. Throughout her travels, she has been privileged to meet thousands of Americans—ordinary men and women who have shared with her their hopes and dreams, their love of country, and their fears about what lies ahead. Governor Palin, inspired by these encounters, celebrates in her new book the enduring strengths and virtues that have made this country a beacon of liberty and hope for the rest of the world.

America by Heart is a highly personal testament to her deep love of country, her strong roots in faith, and her profound appreciation of family. Ranging widely over American history, culture, and current affairs, Governor Palin reflects on the key values that have been such an essential part of her own life and that continue to inform her vision of America’s future. The book also includes brief readings from classic and contemporary texts that have moved and inspired her, as well as portraits of Americans, both famous and obscure, whom she admires.

Informed by Palin’s own principles and deepest feelings, graced with intimate memories, this remarkable book gives us a close-up view of an extraordinary woman who is not afraid to speak out and defend the American values in which she so deeply believes.

A Look Inside America by Heart
Click on the images below to open larger versions.

I play with 19-month-old Trig while Bristol supports her one-year-old son, Tripp, on his toy elephant during Tripp’s birthday party in our Wasilla home.
(Photo © Shealah Craighead) After an interview near the Statue of Liberty Glenn Beck and I pose for Fox News on January 13, 2010. Glenn and I share an appreciation for Lady Liberty. America’s most famous symbol for freedom-loving immigrants serves as an inspiration to all: America, continue to be exceptional, hard-working, faithful, and free.
(Photo © Shealah Craighead) The Restoring Honor rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall on August 28, 2010, in Washington, D.C., drew an estimated 500,000 people. Glenn Beck headlined the peaceful patriot celebration on the anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech. The words King spoke 47 years earlier changed the course of civil rights in America for the better. His niece Dr. Alveda King graced us with her presence at our rally that warm Washington day.
(Photo © Shealah Craighead)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:42 -0400)

In her new book, Palin celebrates the enduring strengths and virtues that have made the United States great. Framed by her strong belief in the importance of family, faith, and patriotism, the book ranges widely over American history, culture, and current affairs, and reflects on the key values--both national and spiritual--that have been such a profound part of Governor Palin's life and continue to inform her vision of America's future.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,319,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible